Earth 53 is a fan-fiction created by Paulo De Walshio that details the adventures of the heroes and villains of Earth 53, an Ultimate Marvel style universe that allows the heroes we all know and love to have radically different powers, origins, and personalities. Hell, sometimes they're completely different characters altogether!
In the universe of Earth 53, superheroes were completely non-existent outside of comic books and the occasional movie;The mere concept of a real-life superhero was completely absurd! That was, until a mere man stopped an out of control bus by grabbing the back of it, saving the lives of everyone on board. This "Superman", as he would come to be called, was the first of many heroes to show up all over the world - and their presence changed the world forever.
Earth 53 contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Any of the female superheroes/villains in this series.
- Action Mom: Cheshire - she even fights off a group of assassins while she's six months into her pregnancy!
- Anti-Hero: Batman, Deadshot, Deathstroke, and quite a few more members of The Suicide Squad.
- Anti-Villain: Red Hood, he honestly believes that his many heinous acts will benefit Gotham in the long run. Unfortuantely he's actually doing way more harm than good, but his lingering mental health issues refuse to let him see this.
- The Berserker: The Red Lantern fits this trope to a 't'
- Eldritch Location: The Speed Force. This is a place where the basic laws of physics just don't apply;where you might suddenly start remembering something that hasn't even happened yet; and where a few hours can feel like a few seconds and vice versa.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Both Eobard Thawne and Da-Vid Allen are this, although Da-Vid doesn't really care about what time period he's in due to being rendered completely and utterly insane.
- Five-Man Band:
- The Justice League
- The Titans
- Four Beings One Body: Hal Jordan, Kyle Rainer, John Stweart ,and Guy Gardner are all fused into the same form when they become The Green Lantern - with one of the four being picked seemingly at random to control the body, with the others acting as semi-spirit advisors.
- We later discover that this is the same with most of The Lanterns.
- Averted by The Orange Lantern due to being powered by greed.
- Irony: Eobard wants to travel back in time to prevent the rise of superheroes, believing them to be the reason that the future is a Post Apocalyptic Dystopia,only to to find that he has to become a superhero himself to protect the future from an even worse threat - his insane best friend Da-Vid.
- Mama Bear: As Killer Croc found out, threatening Lian around Cheshire is just about the worst decision you could possibly make.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Darkseid, The Red Lantern, and The Reverse Flash are all this.
- Papa Wolf: Word of advice. Do not threaten Roy Harper's daughter
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Guardians' plan of dealing with The Red Lantern was to trap it in a miniature black hole. It didn't work.
- Unstoppable Rage: This is pretty much The Red Lantern's whole deal.
- Voice of the Legion: The Green Lantern speaks like this due to being the combined form of four different people.
- It's later revealed that almost all of The Lanterns speak like this, with the exception of The Orange Lantern.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Hal and Guy definitely fall under this.
- Oliver Queen and Roy Harper are also this to an extent, though the 'buds' part has become a strained in recent years.