A Visual Novel from the over-active mind of Sugao which may be worked on while procrastinating other important things or during moments of boredom. Could also become an interactive Web Comic, with readers making the choices of the samurai and determining the direction of the plot through popular vote.
Players take control of a young samurai who has been sent to the small Scandinavian island kingdom of <insertnamehere> by the emperor as part of a party for improving diplomatic relations and trade between the two nations.
- Cutting Off the Branches: If the Web Comic ever takes shape, it would naturally have to follow only a single path. Of course, there's nothing stopping it from being run more than once (except for having a lazy artist at the helm).
- Did Not Get the Girl: It is entirely possible to end the game well without settling into a relationship with any of the four women.
SamuraiThe Player Character.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Players can name their samurai whatever they choose.
Princess KaritaDaughter of King Liam.
- Canine Companion: A small dog she calls Pinkerton who constantly follows her about the castle.
- A Girl and Her Dog: She has a small, yappy lap dog who was gifted to her by her fiancee. Unlike her betrothed, however, she loves the dog.
- Mister Muffykins: Pinkerton. It's implied that much of his neuroticism stems from spending his puppyhood traveling from France to <insertnamehere>, robbing him of the normal experiences that would have turned him into an agreeable dog.
- Real Women Don't Wear Dresses: While she does wear a dress while walking about the castle or visiting, she thinks it's silly to do so while riding horseback or in any other situation where you might actually need to use your legs and ordered a tailor to make her a pair of breeches. She's also suggested to Lotta that wearing a pair of pants might get people to take her cooking more seriously.
- Skirt over Slacks: She often wears her breeches under her dress - on the off chance that she should suddenly need to do an Action Dress Rip without losing her modesty - but no one would ever know because her dresses are long.
- Tsundere: While she's quick to admit that she finds the samurai interesting, she's just as quick to deny that her interest is romantic in nature; he's simply a Funny Foreigner to her.
LottaHandmaiden of Karita. The two of them have been together since they were very young, so their relationship is almost sisterly rather than master and servant.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She is constantly tripping over even tiny pebbles.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: ZigZagged. While she's plenty feminine, her ability and love of cooking is treated as an odd Tomboy trait, as <insertnamehere> considers anything to do with fire a man's job.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Her grey-colored eyes are seen as a mark of beauty and quiet grace.