Tyson Hesse (born August 30, 1984) is a graphic artist who started as a web comic artist and writer. His original claims to fame are Tyson Hesse's Diesel and Boxer Hockey. He gained wider attention after posting his Sonic the Hedgehog parody comic, Sonic's Big Fat Adventure, which quickly made the rounds through social media.
Tyson's work as a Fandom VIP and sudden popularity helped him to become official when he began working with Sega directly as a contributing artist for Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics). He practically became a household name after acting as lead animator for the opening cutscene for Sonic Mania and the promotional web toon series Sonic Mania Adventures.
In 2019, following strong backlash from critics, fans, and Sega themselves regarding Sonic's design for the live action Sonic the Hedgehog, Paramount Studios used a new model for Sonic, which was redesigned by Hesse himself.
Works associated with Tyson Hesse:
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics) (Recurring artist)
- Boxer Hockey (Creator, writer, artist)
- Sonic's Big Fat Adventure, a parody of Sonic the Hedgehog originally posted on the Boxer Hockey site.
- Tyson Hesse's Diesel (Creator, writer, artist)
- Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus (Artist/Animator)
- Namco High (Artist)
- Skullgirls (Animator)
- Sonic Mania/Plus (Producer, Director, Animation/Art Director, Storyboard Artist, Animation Lead)
- Sonic Mania Adventures (Writer, director, storyboard, art direction/production design)
- Sonic: Mega Drive (Artist)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) (Character design, Sonic)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) (Storyboard supervisor, character design lead)
- Team Sonic Racing Overdrive (Director, storyboard, art direction/production design, audio mix)
- Chao in Space (Writer, director, animator, co-storyboarder, co-editor for music and dialogue)
- Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps (Director, co-writer, production design, logo animation, compositor, music/dialogue editor, sound effects)
- Sonic Origins (Animation/Art Director)