Troy Michael Kotsur (July 24, 1968) is an American actor from Mesa, Arizona. He's best known for his roles as Frank Rossi in CODA (2021), Barnaby in The Number 23 (2007), and Troy Meyers in Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye (2002-2005).
He is married to actress Deanne Bray and they have one child. He is deaf. In 2022, he won the Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in CODA, becoming the first Deaf male actor to win an Academy Award and the second Deaf actor overall.note
- 2001: Strong Medicine as Lars
- 2002-2005: Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye as Troy Myers (also ASL master)
- 2003: Doc as Troy
- 2006: CSI: NY as Dennis Mitchum
- 2007: The Number 23 as Barnaby
- 2007: Scrubs as Mr. Frances
- 2008: Universal Signs as Chris
- 2012: Criminal Minds as John Myers
- 2013: No Ordinary Hero The Super Deafy Movie as Matt (also director)
- 2016: Wild Prairie Rose as James Hansen
- 2019: The Mandalorian as Tusken Raider Scout #1 in The Mandalorian S1E5 "Chapter 5: The Gunslinger"
- He was also the conlanger of Tusken Raider Sign Language.
- 2021: CODA as Frank Rossi
- Iconic Outfit: He's known for always wearing a newsboy cap, to the point where his name-sign references it.