Toyotarō started out as a doujinshi artist under the name of Toyble, as he was responsible for the Dragon Ball AF fan comic before being hired by Shueshia to work on the manga adaptation of Dragon Ball Heroes. He later worked on the manga adaptation of Dragon Ball Super, even helping Toriyama design characters like the Gods of Destruction.
He is a Promoted Fanboy of the franchise, considering it his life since he was a kid.
Works done by Toyotaro
- Dragon Ball Heroes (The manga adaptation)
- Dragon Ball Super (Writer and artist of the manga adaptation; Character Designer)
Tropes associated with Toyotaro:
- Homage Shot: A trait of him. Toyotaro will draw panels while making clear references to the work of both Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation countless animators. A compilation here.
- Info Dump: He will stop the fights to explain what is happening quite frequently, and will offer explanations to unexplained things in the anime, while also giving more background to certain characters (For example, Zamasu's past as a North Kai or Jiren's master name). This is a divisive thing for the community. For one, he will give more information about characters for the benefit of World Building, but on the other hand, it will disrupt the pacing and tell rather than show.
- Self-Plagiarism: In the Super manga, Toyotaro has drawn panels based on his fan work of Dragon Ball AF. As seen here.
- Signature Shot: Toyotaro is kind of known in the manga community for his repetitive use of panels and poses in the same way as Tadayoshi Yamamuro is to the anime community. To give a brief summary:
- A panel between two characters, one in the defensive and the other attacking facing to the right is very frequent. A compilation here.
- Reaction panels.