Tomoko Kaneda is a seiyu born in 1975. Her most notable role is of that of Chiyo Mihama from Azumanga Daioh. As a result, she is typecast into Moe, Token Mini-Moe, or Genki Girl types.note In fact, according to The Other Wiki, it has been reported that her voice is capable of "producing sounds at a frequency beyond that of human hearing."
Her English equivalent is Sandy Fox.
Notable Roles by Tomoko Kaneda
- Belbel in Petite Princess Yucie
- Bonta-kun in Full Metal Panic!
- Chiyo Mihama in Azumanga Daioh
- Corundum in Tales of Hearts
- Crested Ibis in Kemono Friends
- Culumon in Digimon Tamers
- Dengaku Man in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
- Fuku in Tenchi Muyo! GXP
- Fuyuno Yoshikawa in Magikano
- Ginka Saginomiya in Hayate the Combat Butler
- Gretel from Black Lagoon And apparently Hansel, when they "swap roles"
- Gudako and Gudao (male protagonist) in Learning with Manga! FGO animated special.
- Hachisuka Goemon in The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
- Laetitia in Madlax
- Marie in Please Teacher!
- Mike in Sketchbook ~full color'S~
- Mukumuku in the Suikoden II Drama CD
- Neliel Tu Odelschwanck in Bleach
- Peach in Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z
- Peacock in Skullgirls
- Ruka in Digimon Xros Wars
- Satori Sarutobi in My Bride is a Mermaid
- Soushi in Lime-iro Senkitan and Lime-iro Ryukitan X
- Ukatan (female voice) in Amuri in Star Ocean
- Karen Kasumi as a child, in X/1999 the TV series. (With Yoko Soumi as Karen's adult self)
Tropes associated with her:
- Genki Girl: No, that's not an act. Kaneda-san is well-known and adored among industry veterans for her bubbly personality and energetic child-like antics, especially during live shows. You'd be hard-pressed to find another 40-something woman who's this hyper.
- Token Mini-Moe: Practically a given among the cast of any show she's in, as she's only 145 cm (about 4 ft 9) tall. It helps that she also sounds the part, despite being a good decade older than some cast members.
- Womanchild: In a good way. Despite being in her mid-40s, she usually behaves like someone a quarter her age, often getting really excited over trivial things and wearing colorful outfits that wouldn't look too out of place in a kindergarten. This is put on full display in her podcasts with Hiroshi Kamiya, where she gives him, a Hyena himself, a run for his money with her laughing and antics.