Thomas Joseph Welling (born April 26, 1977 in Putnam Valley, New York) is an American actor, director, producer, and model best known for his role as Clark Kent in The WB/CW superhero drama Smallville.
Before getting into acting, Welling was a high school athlete, and then a Fashion Model. He has also been involved behind the camera as an executive producer and a director; he directed seven episodes of Smallville and became one of the show's producers in its last two seasons. He also produced the short-lived Hellcats.
- Judging Amy (2001) as Rob Meltzer
- Special Unit 2 (2001) as Victim
- Undeclared (2001) as Tom
- Smallville (2001-2011) as Kal-El / Clark Kent / The Blur / Superman, Young Jor-El, Bizarro, and Clark Luthor
- Cheaper by The Dozen film series (2003, 2005) as Charlie Baker
- The Fog (2005) (2005) as Nicholas "Nick" Castle
- Parkland (2013) as Secret Service Agent Roy Kellerman
- Draft Day (2014) as Brian Drew
- The Choice (2016) as Ryan
- Lucifer (2017-2018) as Marcus Pierce / Cain
- Crisis on Infinite Earths (2019) as Clark Kent / Superman
- Irony as She Is Cast: Like Christopher Reeve, he was not a big Superman fan prior to being cast as the character on Smallville, and in fact continues not to read Superman comics after the show ended.
- Mr. Fanservice: His characters were huge hits with the female (and even male) audience.
- Pretty Boy: In his Series/Smallville time, he was absolutely this trope. Now he's more on the other side.
- Star-Making Role: Playing the pre-Superman Clark Kent on Smallville made him a household name.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: As is standard for Superman actors. At 6'3, he's the second tallest to play the role after Christopher Reeve.
- Silver Fox: His hair has started to go grey in middle-age but he's still very handsome, not to mention extremely buff.
- What Could Have Been: