Adam Lutz (a.k.a., The Quarter Guy) is an American YouTube Producer who makes video game related countdowns, much similar to Josh Scorcher or The Autarch, but to keep things diverse, he does a mini series called 'Clash of Q', video game reviews, and post vlogs (called "My 25 Cents Worth") regularly of current events, updates on his projects, and Q&A. He even did a let's boss play for Super Castlevania IV at one point, and took down six beasts in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate during Thanksgiving of 2013. The most recent ones is a series of streaming videos, in which he plays League of Legends with his friends, titled "League of LOL"
- Top Ten Comebacks in Video Games
- Top Ten Kirby Abilities (HD Remake)
- Top Ten Opening Levels
- Top Fifteen Modes of Transportation in Video Games
- Top Fifteen Castlevania Boss Battles (2012 Halloween Special)
- Top Ten Favorite cjszero01 Moments
- Top Fifty Robot Masters
- Top Fifteen Arcade Games of the 1980's
- Top Ten Epic Wins/Epic Fails (3,000 Subscribers Special)
- Top Fifteen Most HATED Video Game Characters
- Top Ten Healers in Video Games
- Top Fifteen Pokémon Gym Leaders (collab with The Tree's Apprentice)
- Top Ten Underappreciated Gems
- Top Ten 2D Shooters
- Top Ten Cheapest Fighting Game Bosses (collab with Wiidude83)
- Top Ten Nostalgic Games
- Top Ten "One More Try" Moments
- Top Ten Least Favorite Robot Masters
- Top Ten Cryokinetics in Video Games
- Top Fifteen Games I've Played in 2013
- Top Ten Arcana Heart Characters
- Top Ten Card Masters
- Top Five Best and Worst Bowser Battles
- Top Fifteen Favorite Normal Boss Battles
- Top Fifteen Favorite Final Boss Battles
- Top Thirty Favorite Video Game Characters
- Top Ten Vampires in Video Games
- Top Ten Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Boss Monsters
- Top Fifteen Worst Mavericks
- Top Twenty Mario Kart Tracks (collab with MaverickHunterZero75)
- Top Fifteen Games I Played In 2014
- Top Twenty Mega Man Battle Network NetNavis (collab with The Green Scorpion)
- Top Fifteen Favorite Mavericks
- Top Ten Disappointing Games
- Top Ten Dragons in Video Games
- Top Ten Most Wanted SSB4 DLC Characters
- Top Ten Boss Rage Episodes
- Top Ten Games I've Played On Steam
- Top Ten Things I HATE In Video Games
- Top Ten Castlevania Characters
- Top Ten Castlevania Themes
- Top Ten Worst Castlevania Bosses
- Top Fourteen Castlevania: Judgment Characters (collab with Green Scorpion)
- Top Ten Castlevania Games
- Top Ten Worst Games To Live In
- Top Ten Games I'm Hyped For In 2016
- Top Ten Favorite Pokémon
- Top Six Least Favorite Gym Leaders
- Top Ten Astral Heats EXTEND
- Top Ten Dads in Video Games
- Top Twelve Friendship-Killing Games (Collab with The Flamicon)
- Top Ten Least Favorite Boss Battles
- Top Ten Neo Geo Games
- Top Ten OTHER Kirby Copy Abilities (5th Anniversary Special)
- Top Ten Things I Like In Video Games
- Top Twelve Favorite Winter Levels
- Top Ten Favorite Alola Pokemon
- Top Ten Favorite Wii U Games
- Top Ten Favorite Video Game Villains
- Top Ten Least Favorite Pokemon
- Top Ten Guilty Pleasures
- Top Ten Favorite Fire Levels
- Top Ten Video Game Composers
- Top Ten Least Favorite Robot Masters REMAKE
- Top Ten Street Fighter Characters
- Top Ten Dumbest Boss Ideas
- Top Ten Mega Man Games
- Top Ten Most Annoying Enemies
Adam's Work Contains Elements Of
- Abandoned Catchphrase: He abandoned his first signing in catchphrasenote for the My 25 Cents Worth videos since the one that was released in March 14th 2017, because he thought it was getting old.
- "Aaaand Cue Face Palm!" was abandoned WAY earlier too...
- Adaptational Heroism: Dio Brando is usually an unabashedly really evil villain. In the hands of Quarter Guy, he becomes the guy who drops steamrollers on other really evil/hatable characters for Running Gag.
- Author Appeal: A bit. For instance, in his "Top 30 favorite video game character", he makes it clear that the number 1 thing he likes in characters is Character Development.
- Bait-and-Switch: In a segment of his Top Ten Most Wanted SSB4 DLC Characters list, he starts off talking about Rayman and how he'll be great for Smash, then segues to talking about Ray MK III, the actual contender on the list.
- Berserk Button: Several.
- Given that he's a huge fan of Mega Man, the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 is this by default.
- Mega Man X7.
- By extension, three particular bosses from X7: Ride Boarski, Tornado Tonion and Flame Hyenard.
- Anything to do with Dr. Weil, his most hated character in media. The mention of any character he especially hates could qualify, but this one (understandably) stands out the most.
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sub-series. Adam is a fan of the classic timeline and very much dislikes the direction of this new reboot. He has once used the Dio Running Gag to trample on Gabriel Belmont, and the end of his Top 10 Vampires in Video Games, after putting Alucard at the top of the list, he proceeds to rant about how Alucard in that timeline is instead Trevor Belmont.
- Hazama/Yuuki Terumi. Almost every time he's mentioned, he either gets mad or Dio drops a steamroller on him. He made a cameo in Green Scorpion's countdown for video game cats because Terumi was mentioned, just to yell his name.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Parodied. By yelling "WONDER-EYES, RETRO!!", he can magically and instantly equip himself with a cosplay of a custom The Wonderful 101 costume.
- Casual/Competitive Conflict: Invoked. QG is proud to say that he's a very casual gamer (and happily refers himself as 'filthy casual') and usually puts on notes that he'd rather people who would take account to competitive balances into opinions greatly (such as Tier Lists) to just not bother with his opinions. Ergo, he'd play games that are mostly gearing towards competitive plays (eg: BlazBlue, League of Legends), but does it casually, only doing characters he finds fun to play or geared towards his tastes. And that's also why he really sticks with Arcana Heart.
- Catch-Phrase: Several. He begins every "My 25 Cents Worth" with the quote at the top, and every countdown with "it's game time!"
- And he begins a League of LOL game using Dunkmaster Darius by typing for All with: "Come on and SLAM! And welcome to the JAM!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: After the scene where Redips transforms into Spider in Mega Man X: Command Mission, the first words out of Adam's mouth are a rapid-fire "FUCK YOU!"
- Determinator: He fought Parace L'Sia for over seven hours in a tribute to Boss Rage, only stopping because it was getting late and declaring that he'd resume the fight another day. Behold.
- Ensemble Cast: Countdowns On Motorcycles.
- Also, Top 50 Robot Masters featured 15 special guests who each contributed a segment.
- Epic Fail: For the fan match of League of LOLs, Adam picked Vladimir for Top Lane... and utterly fails, dominated by Wukong. So much that he made his own 'Vlad Fail Count' everytime he dies while laning. And his team ended up losing the match. note
- Fourth-Wall Mail Slot: His Q&A on "My 25 Cents Worth".
- Go Mad from the Revelation: So the events of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle... are based on a sidequest?! This realization drove him bonkers on his Top 15 Most Hated Characters list.(whimpering) Why, Suda, why...?!
He's just an onion! He's just an onion!! HE'S JUST AN ONION!!! (one technical difficulty later, QG is seen whimpering powerlessly) He's just an onion... he's just an onion...
- He was also similarly driven mad with anything about Tornado Tonion.
- Hurricane of Puns: Top Ten VG Cryokinetics.
- Interrupted Suicide: He does this to Flamicon when Sonic Free Riders shows up on the Top Twelve Friendship Killing Games.Flamicon: (sees a brief glimpse of Sonic Free Riders) No.
(another pops up)
Flamicon: (loads up his Nerf Maverick) No...
Flamicon: (prepares to shoot himself) NOOOOO-
(Adam zaps the Maverick out of his hands)
Flamicon: What did you do that for?!
Adam: I'm not letting you give up, man. We are getting through this.
Flamicon: (groans) Fine...
Adam: And perk up, buddy. We've entered Hell.
- I've Come Too Far: QG and WiiDude83 have a moment like this during their Top Ten Cheapest Fighting Game Bosses collab prior to the number 1 segment.Adam: I can't do this. I-I just can't.
WiiDude83: Whadya mean, you CAN'T?
Adam: I'm sorry, WiiDude83, it's too painful-I-I'm already having flashbacks.
WiiDude83: Come on. We've made it this far. We can't stop now.
Adam: *sigh* Alright.
- Kubrick Stare: Does this twice in Top Ten Disappointing Games.
- Lame Pun Reaction: He usually makes puns at the end of most of his entries that sometimes qualify as this. He himself have admittedly made some bad ones, and lampshades this fact with a Catch-Phrase.Adam: "Annnnnnnd cue Face Palm!"
- Large Ham: Mainly during his negative Top Tens where he really rages when something greatly angers him.
Adam: Did somebody order a LARGE HAM FOR THANKSGIVING?!
- Lampshaded by QG himself during his intro for Top Ten Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Boss Monsters.
- Malicious Misnaming
- To show his dislike to the Big Bad of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, Quarter Guy didn't refer to him as "Jasper Batt Jr." but instead "Bastard Twat Jr."
- Also during his cameo in The Green Scorpion's Top 20 Sega Genesis Games list, Quarter Guy went on to refer Dr. Weil as "Dr. Satan Incarnate"
- Referred to Tumblr's social justice warriors as social justice wankers in the first entry of Top 30 VG Characters.
- Meaningful Name: Adam admits to being a fan of old-school arcade games, inspiring his moniker.
- His unscripted series, "My 25 Cents Worth", references his moniker.
- Motive Rant: Adam makes a rather amusing summary of Jergingha's motivation for invading Earth.Adam: In short: Jergingha- the head Jerk- brought his army of Jerks into the past... because the humans of the future were jerks. Wrap your head around that.
- Nice Hat: QG wears a ScrewAttack hat backwards during almost all of his videos.
- He swapped it for a Mario hat during his Double Top 5 Bowser Battles.
- Oh My Gods!: Sometimes, he likes to swap saying words like God or Jesus into an existing video game deity to avoid religious controversy. Such as Palutena or Arceus. Example in his Top 10 Worst Mavericks video: "Sweet. Merciful. Palutena. This Maverick...!"
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: While Quarter Guy is known to crack jokes at times and generally a lighthearted guy, during the talk about his absolute favorite character, Zero, he pretty much shows how much he really really respects the guy by not making possible jokes that could have been made about him ("WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOORRRR!!?!?") or cursing at Dr. Weil. This is to show his utmost respect to the Maverick Hunter himself.
- Overly Long Title: Top Ten Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Boss Monsters... yeah.
- Overused Running Gag: He has openly acknowledged "cue facepalm" as this, having lampshaded the gag's fatigue twice.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Does this before revealing the #1 worst Bowser battle in his double top 5.Adam: "And that fight comes from none other than NEW! SUPER! MARIO! BROTHERS! 2!"
Adam: "I! EXPECT! MORE! FROM! BOWSER!"
- Also does this at the end of the segment.
Adam: "Seriously, EVERY! SINGLE! FREAKING! WORLD! HAS! AUTO! F***ING! SCROLLING!"
- He also does this during his #2 segment from his Top Ten Things I HATE In Video Games.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Quarter Guy is often collaborating or partnering with fellow countdown maker The Green Scorpion. When they do, and then you look at their works (especially their Vampire countdowns), this dynamic is formed: Quarter Guy is the Red Oni, driven with his personal feeling and emotion, hence why he picked Alucard, NOT Dracula, because he likes good-hearted heroes better (while Alucard also fits pretty good as one of the best vampires). Read GS' article to see his case as the Blue Oni.
- Running Gag: Often shows Dio Brando crushing characters he doesn't like with a steamroller.
Ben: "Wh- What was that?"
- Looped for maximum insanity at the end of his Top Fifteen Most HATED Video Game Characters list.
- In his 'Top Fifteen Pokemon Gym Leaders' list, Ben (The Tree's Apprentice) started using his Running Gag, when Dio, Adam's ruunning gag, cuts it off.
Adam: "Running gag combo. Would you like fries with that?"
- "Cue facepalm" also qualifies as this, but it's become increasingly rare.
- "The Dragonator" was this for his Top Ten Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Boss Monsters.
- In League of LOL, if he used Dunkmaster Darius and scored a kill with his ult, he'll insert Dunkmaster Darius' portrait at the center, and put the text and yell "CHAOS DUNK!!!". When using Lux, on the other hand, he instead uses "STARLIGHT BREAKER!!!"
- During his LP of Mega Man X: Command Mission, he accentuates his boss-finisher Final Strikes with "Ora! ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA ORA!!"
- Looped for maximum insanity at the end of his Top Fifteen Most HATED Video Game Characters list.
- Sanity Slippage: Invoked in Top 15 Worst Mavericks, where his increasing insanity and rage are crucial to the countdown's overarching humor.
- Say My Name: "TERUMIIIIII!!!!!" (cue the Steamroller Running Gag)
- Screaming at Squick: He crawled backwards onto his couch during an episode of My 25 Cents' Worth when one of his viewers asked if he would read BlazBlue fanfiction at (the viewer's) advisory.
- Series Mascot: Adam admits having a thing about them, thus he's easier to like them. Case in points: Ragna, Heart.
- Sleazy Politician: Adam hates these kind of characters (even to the point that Bill Hawks surpassed both Terumi and Relius as far as his hated characters go), and this is one reason he keeps up the good fight to ensure the likes of SOPA and PIPA won't come to pass.
- Shout-Out: Ziggzagged in Top Ten Underappreciated Gems. In his Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage segment, he says the game plays out like a Dynasty Warriors game, then says that it some would take it as a button masher. This is a reference to this little bit here. This quickly take a turn towards Tempting Fate when Josh stops the entire video at the near mention of that fact.Josh: *screen turns snowy then shows Josh giving a Death Glare, presumably towards Adam*
Adam: *raises arms* "I'm not one of those people!"
Josh: "Good," *unsheathes saber* "Keep it that way."
Adam: *loud gulp* "Yes, sir."
- The aforementioned meltdown due to No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle was actually based on Josh Scorcher's meltdown on Alicorn Twilight. He kinda thought it's not that well made and quickly made a 'My 25 Cents Worth' episode dedicated to apologize for his so-called 'half-assed' attempt.
- The cancellation of Megaman Legends 3 also prompts him to take cue on Nostalgia Critic's EFF YOU!!
- Adding up James Doakes' "Surprise, motherfucker!" to describe Twisted Fate's Ultimate's second use.
- The discussion about Tornado Tonion saw use of the Nostalgia Critic's "Pumpkin?!" reaction clip. And The Stinger in his favorite Mavericks video, he uses the "Boomer will... oh, um, we'll get ya another Boomer." on defeating Boomer Kuwager
- Quarter Guy, Quarter Guy... Friendly Neighborhood Quarter Guy...
- In Top Boss Rage Videos, he's once again interrupted... by fellow countdown maker Green Scorpion, and they proceed to play the "ENGLISH, MOTHER***ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT" segment, with Adam taking the role of... Brett.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Is progressively moving towards this. But this is mostly seen in a negative countdown.
- So Bad, It's Good: In-Universe. Actual opinion of his about the "WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOORRRR!?!?!?" scene, even if it involved his absolute favorite, Zero, and his favorite installment of the X series, regardless of how others rank the game's voice acting as really bad (and as noted in his Top 10 Megaman games, he'll gladly join in poking fun on how 'bad' it is). He's heard worse. Like X7's...
- Superlative Dubbing: In-Universe. Also has some of this opinion flat out stated. While he does appreciate some Japanese voices, such as when it comes to Jojos Bizarre Adventure, he has some series that he prefers on dub, such as BlazBlue. He constantly cites that he loves Patrick Seitz' performance as Ragna the Bloodedge better, in spite his Japanese voice being provided by Tomokazu Sugita (who actually did Joseph Joestar, who Adam also immensely enjoyed in Japanese)
- Take That!: He nearly put the CEO of Konami as the worst boss in Castlevania due to the whole Konami debacle. He just backpedalled because it's against the rules: Entries must be bosses in Castlevania.
- Talking to Himself: Literally does this at the beginning of the #1 segment of Top Ten Things I HATE In Video Games.
- Tempting Fate: After being driven mad by Tornado Tonion, Quarter Guy claims that he's now cool and ready for just about anything. Next in line is Flame Hyenard, upon which he tries to ragequit the countdown, to no avail.
- Top Ten List: This is the thing that made him popular to being with.
- Who's on First?: The Top Twenty Mario Kart Tracks list does a variant when it talks about Yoshi's Island.MaverickHunterZero75 (MHZ75): So tell me again, what's the name of the guy who came in third place?
Adam: What's the name of the guy who came in second place!
MHZ75: I'm not asking you who came in second!
Adam: Who came in first!
MHZ75: I don't know!!
Adam: THIRD PLACE!
- You Monster!: He considers Dr. Weil to be worse than the devil himself.