Oscar Duarte is a American-Honduran YouTube producer otherwise known as "The Green Scorpion", as in, Mortal Kombat's Scorpion colored green (but totally not Reptile). He's one of the more known Video Game countdown makers, similar to The Quarter Guy, Josh Scorcher and The Autarch, who also occasionally does Let's Plays, he's more known for his analytical commentaries on the things he reviewed. Oh, and musical knowledge too, since he also plays piano in spare time. His biggest projects are usually the 'Weapons Month', where he dedicated one month at random basis to create countdown based on Weapon of Choice.
You can find his channel of Youtube here
Oscar's works contains example of:
- Author Appeal: League of Legends and Team Fortress 2 have a lot of prevalence in Oscar's works, because he likes'em good.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Green Scorpion's style in his countdowns isn't just mentioning his favorites, but also breaking down an analysis why the entry fits the theme of the video greatly. Every metaphors about the subject of his countdown is going to be explored greatly.
- The Cameo: The Quarter Guy popped up occasionally in his videos, and Oscar has also sometimes participated in Adam's League of LOLs.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Well, not his, but his laptop where he does all the editing was once busted and forced him to make a hiatus announcement video via his cellphone. He's since returned.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Speaks in perfectly normal American accent, in spite of his Spanish heritage.
- Double-subverted during his Vampires countdown. He went all the way to create a faux-Romanian accent to go 'all Van Helsing' with the topic of vampires... Only to drop it completely after a few seconds due to how tough it is.
- Large Ham: Top Fifteen Edgelords in Video Games gave us this gem: I WAS MADE IN A LAAAAAAAB
- Palette Swap: His icon is a green-colored Scorpion. Totally not Reptile, honest!
- Play the Game, Skip the Story: Invoked when it comes to his Five Minutes Reflection of Fire Emblem Fates. Oscar praises the gameplay improvements of the game and finds enjoyment in the game mechanics... but he absolutely loathe the Fates' storyline and a good deal of its characters (he still finds some enjoyment to some characters) that he'd rather just ignore the story altogether.
- The Power of Hate: Oscar ends his "Top Ten Video Game Berserkers" video by acknowledging that anger can be used to perform great acts of good by identifying the source of your anger and stopping it.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He's often partnered with The Quarter Guy, and their works, when they are dealing with the same topic (like their Vampire countdowns) show this dynamic with Green Scorpion being the Blue Oni, utilizing a lot of Awesomeness by Analysis and while he does have his own bias, he mostly kept it in check, hence when he picked Dracula for the top Vampires, he explains how much Dracula symbolizes the vampire motif (which is fascinating to him) to fit. For Quarter Guy's case as the Red Oni, see his article.
- Running Gag: Is there a Weapons Month countdown? Bet your ass that there'll be at least one League of Legends champion. Only averted in the Painter countdown, and he's not pleased about it.
- Scary Scorpions: Subverted. Scorpions in general plays a big theme on him, his mascot is Scorpion (painted green), he made an April's Fools video about Top 10 Video Game Scorpions, he ended up breaking the rule of his preference of League of Legends over Dota 2 in the Top 10 Geomancers list by putting Sand King above Taric, because the former took form of a scorpion and was the reason he played that hero (and speaking of which, Skarner made it as one of his most favored League champs). Green Scorpion himself? He's a friendly dude, not at all scary.
- Sidekick: The ComicFoil, his 'neighbor' and co-scriptwriter, who also makes a cameo at his video at times or do Let's Plays together with him
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: A lot of friendly dudes have teased him that his 'waifu' are either Caitlyn, Ibuki, or Lyndis. Oscar kept denying those... even if Caitlyn ranked top as his most favorite champions, Lyndis is his chosen second best sword user...
- Top Ten List: His main draw.
- Tsundere: Best exemplified in his opinions on Gangrel. He ranks as Oscar's least favorite character in the whole franchise and threw nothing but venom at him... but then admits that his redemption arc is well done and his Love Confession is one of the best there is and his most redeeming quality that he can't hate him. It's even his #2 most favorite confession!
- Weapon of Choice: The premise behind his Weapons Month project.
- Elemental Powers: However, the September 2015 edition ends up having him deal with those who wields the elements.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: His other activities aside of making videos is cosplaying. Female characters are fair game for Oscar and he's good at cosplaying them.