Tetsuo Kurata (real name, Tetsuo Kakimoto, born September 11, 1968 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese actor well known in his role as Kohtaro Minami aka Kamen Rider BLACK. He even sang his own show's opening which makes it so pumped with awesome. He has a large following in SouthEast Asia as much as he was in Japan. He reprised his role after that show's public and critical acclaim in the sequel Kamen Rider BLACK RX. Several years later, he again reprised his role as Kotaro Minami in the 10th Heisei Kamen Rider show, Kamen Rider Decade, which caused a massive uproar of pleased fans to see him as he is; Not just one but two.
Tropes Associated with Tetsuo Kurata:
- Acting for Two: In Kamen Rider Decades 27th episode, when Diend whisks the Black incarnation of Kotaro to the world of Black RX, with Kurata playing both versions of the character.
- Breakout Character: He's pretty much the 80's equivalent of Hiroshi Fujioka.
- Chef of Iron: He's also pretty badass in kitchen. Owns a steakhouse too.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Sang the "Kamen Rider Black" theme song like a champ.
- Named After Someone Famous: His son Kohtaro Kakimoto, also an actor, was named after his Star-Making Role from Kamen Rider BLACK.
- Rags to Riches: According to a real life interview, he was Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life after failing in his chosen college's entrance exam until his friend suggested him to have a shot at the audition for Kamen Rider BLACK. He intially went into the audition to get the prize money of 1,000,000 yen and wasn't confident enough to be chosen as Kotaro's actor but to his surprise, Ishinomori personally chose him for the role of Kotaro (beating the other 8,000 contestants in the process) and the rest is history.
- Someone just completed this page...!? This has got to be Gorgom's plot!