Aristotelis "Telly" Savalas (January 21, 1922 January 22, 1994) was a famous American actor of Greek descent.
His movie and television career spanned more than thirty years, with a few iconic roles such as Archer Maggott in The Dirty Dozen and James Bond's Arch-Enemy Ernst Stavro Blofeld in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. His most memorable TV role was undeniably the lollipop-chomping NYPD Lieutenant Theofilides "Theo" Kojak in Kojak.
Works with pages on TV Tropes:
- Cape Fear (1962)
- Birdman of Alcatraz (1962)
- Johnny Cool (1963)
- The Twilight Zone (1964, episode "Living Doll")
- The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965)
- Battle of the Bulge (1965)
- Beau Geste (1966)
- The Dirty Dozen (1967)
- The Assassination Bureau (1969)
- Mackenna's Gold (1969)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
- Kelly's Heroes (1970)
- Pretty Maids All in a Row (1971)
- Lisa and the Devil (1973)
- Horror Express (1973)
- Kojak (19731978)
- Capricorn One (1978)
- Escape to Athena (1979)
- Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979)
- The Muppet Movie (1979)
- Cannonball Run II (1984)
- Alice in Wonderland (1985)
Tropes in his works:
- Badass Baritone: For his roles, he made very good use of the deep and smooth voice years and years of heavy smoking gave him.
- Bald of Awesome: As Kojak.
- Bald of Evil: Most famously as Ernst Stavro Blofeld in On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Archer Maggott in The Dirty Dozen.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: His eyebrows were quite full, and his baldness made them stand out.
- One-Hit Wonder: He released one single song in his life, "If?", in 1975, to great success. Well, technically, he didn't even sing in it.