Once upon a time, a fanfic junkie by the nickname of Doombly (to-be author of Being Human and Robert & Rosalind are Dead) saw a machinima video based on a Troll Fic by Peter Chimaera, Castlevania: Wisps of Dracula. He thus was greatly inspired, and ended up looking more into trollfics. Eventually, he wrote a Parody Sue character, Sue Mary, into his Danny Phantom story set out to parody nearly everything, Oh Gosh No! Not Another Oh Gosh No! Story!. Initially, her aspirations were low; she only wanted to be Danny's girlfriend. But then she learned that she could write her own stories...
Today, Doombly manages two separate trolling identities. Sue Mary has gone her own way, parodying everything from the Epic of Gilgamesh to BioShock Infinite. In addition, as an experiment, in 2011 he created MarissaTheWriter, allegedly to see how far a trolling identity could be pushed and still be seen as legit, and thus wrote ITS MY LIFE!. Both continue to write trollfics to this day, albeit at rates much slower than those in their heyday.
These stories have their separate pages on TV Tropes:
- By Sue Mary:
- By MarissaTheWriter:
Due to their notoriety, these stories have been MSTed at least a couple of times. This includes:
- Telltale Fanfic Theater 3000 MSTs:
- Loveable Freak's Sue Mary MSTs: 1 2
- Many more MSTs for MarissaTheWriter, listed on the ITS MY LIFE! page.
Sue Mary has changed sites at least two times, first after she was banned from FanFiction.Net and later when Doombly forgot her Tumblr password. Therefore, they are scattered, but nonetheless available to read:
While she was on FanFiction.Net, Sue Mary had favorited Oh Gosh No! Not Another Oh Gosh No! Story! and Doombly himself. MarissaTheWriter has favorited Me in Invader Zim? Oh Kami (which since then has been lost forever), Love Knows No Race and Oh Kami's author sinkittytail.
Sue Mary and MarrissaTheWriter's other works include:
Zeeke Zeeje is killed when "him baord brakens" and at his funeral Luther Luterim announces that he was planning on proposing to him. Then ghosts goats attack the city and Luther "gotted a porton pack" and kills them all, including Zeeke's ghost by accident. A character known only as "it" then says "It was a hard tragedy" to the night moon.
Part 2 ends with a setup for a third story set in Hogwarts thought it has yet to written.
Fortunately his friends team up to catch the real killer, though "one of the dues" is killed in the process. Arthur is freed, but "had a harsh outlook on life form now of from the hard abuse of prizon."
The insanity begins with the "Hangover Gang" consisting of "Smart Guy", "Fat Guy", "ADDS Guy" and a tiger hanging out at a bar. ADDS guy takes drugs but "the needle was uncircumcised and gave him ADDS". While on his way to the hospital ADDS Guy finds a baby ape who he names Ceaser (becos it sownds cool), and donates him to science in exchange for a cure for ADDS.
From there things get into weirdness levels rivaling Comics Nix, with attacks by the "unaborted" love child of "a cooger" and Bill O'Reiley, a rap battle between Ceasar and PaRappa the Rapper, and a final showdown where Stephen Jacobs uses his own gutted intestines as nooses to hang the apes with.
Of course nothing of the sort actually happens. Dexter ends up running over Beaver Cleaver, getting into a drag race with "Lighting Queen", and being sent to prison where he teams up with guest stars Ricky Gervais and "Sasha Bearhands Conan" to escape from prison. Meanwhile Tom Dynamo's more evil brother, Joe Dynamo, is out for revenge against Dexter...
Needless to say, by the story's end Dexter has not reached Dee Dee's house.
These authors provide examples of:
- Artifact Nickname: Sue Mary originally was a Parody Sue. Then she became more of a parody of trollfic writers.
- The Cameo: Sue Mary is quite fond of putting celebrities in her stories. Mr. T appears in "Gottam Gridlock", Stephen Merchant and Dwayne Johnson star in "Tooth Fairy 2: Red Dragon Rising", Mick Jagger and Bilbo Baggins are villains in Hangover Part II, Zooey Deschanel and Stephen Merchant are a couple in Invader Zim: Born Again Christian, and Ricky Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen are the "spesal guest stars" in Dexter's Old Technology.
- Crack Fic
- Darker and Edgier: Unless it's based on a work with an already dark setting, then it will usually be Lighter and Softer.
- Dramatic Reading: Some can be found here. There are nine of them so far, and counting! Even more can be found by Marionetta Susette here.
- Expansion Pack Past: From the author him/herself:Infromashun: im a haf goast haf vampeir haf gurl wif ma pet gohst unikorn Spunky. My mom deded be4 she wuz born cus of butt trouble and my ddad is domb LOL
- Hypocritical Humor: MarissaTheWriter often makes references making fun of MSTers. Doombly ran an MST blog himself before joining Telltale Fanfic Theater 3000, one of the groups who actually did MSTs of Marissa's stories.
- And usually the MSTers and people giving bad reviews will be called "falmer trollz".
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: It is a given for each of her fanfics to cross over at least three established universes. And those stories are oneshots.
- Meaningful Name/Sdrawkcab Name: Sue Mary.
- Nobody Poops: Lampshaded and averted in THE STRAIN COMES TO SESAME STREET.And F went to poop. In most storis people never poop but they does all the tim in realisitic life so F poops to in this.
- Poe's Law
- Rouge Angles of Satin
- Shout-Out: The title of "Dexter's Old Technology" may be a reference to the infamous Beast Wars badfic, "Dinobot's Old Technology".
- Another one comes in Doctor Huh?: "Doktor Hoo is a pretty cool dude eh doesnt afraid of anything."
- Small Reference Pools: Averted. She's written an Epic of Gilgamesh story.
- Stealth Parody
- Troll Fic
- World of Chaos: Sue Mary's stories basically follow the same logic as Axe Cop, only without the justification of being written by a small child.