Studio 100 is a Belgian production company that produces popular children's television shows. The company was founded in 1996 by Gert Verhulst, Danny Verbiest, and Hans Bourlon when the children's program Samson En Gert was produced. The company currently has a total of 4 theme parks across Europe (mainly Belgium), the most well-known of which are Plopsaland De Panne and Plopsa Indoor Hasselt, and a water park called Plopsa Coo.
Studio 100 Shows:
- Kabouter Plop
- Maya the Bee (Maya de Bij, CGI series)
- Piet Piraat
- Samson En Gert
- Mega Mindy
- Blinky Bill (CGI series)
- Wizzy & Woppy
- Big & Betsy
- Heidi (CGI series)
- Vicky the Viking (Wickie de Viking, CGI series)
- Lolly Lolbroek
- Flin & Flo
Tropes associated with Studio 100:
- All-CGI Cartoon: Maya the Bee, Vicky the Viking and Heidi are currently the only Studio 100 shows that aren't in Live-Action.
- To be honest, Studio 100 also made classic 2D animated series, like their cartoon about K3. They also own the classic 2D versions of the above mentioned shows and other shows. But the examples given are all full in CGI. The upcoming Blinky Bill movie will also be in CGI.
- Cash Cow Franchise: Among Studio 100's most popular franchises are Kabouter Plop, Samson En Gert, Piet Piraat and Maya The Bee. Studio 100 is so popular that it currently has a total of 6 theme parks in Europe (including one aqua park), and a 7th upcoming. They also licensed some of their characters to other theme parks. Next to the 7 parks owned by Studio 100, the franchises of Studio 100 are used in a lot of different parks worldwide.
- Crossover: The Samson En Gert song "Droom", which celebrates its 20th anniversary, featured various Studio 100 characters singing, including the gnomes from Kabouter Plop, Dobus, and Mega Mindy. Another song, "Feest" adds even more characters to the mix, mostly from newer programs but old faces like Samson & Gert, Bumba, Mega Mindy and Plop and friends are present as well.
- Ear Worm: Let's just say if you listen to any songs by Studio 100 you will have a hard time getting most of these songs out of your head.
- Gag Series: Bumba,Kabouter Plop, Wizzy & Woppy,Dobus are mostly silly and would sometimes be slapstick themed.
- Gasshole: Big from Big & Betsy is prone to farting a lot. There is even a song dedicated to it called "De Big Song".
- Live-Action TV: Studio 100 is mostly known for producing Live-Action children's television shows that air on channels such as Z@ppelin in the Netherlands and VTM Kzoom in Belgium
- Non-Ironic Clown: Dobus has a total of three clown characters who actually love making people laugh.
- The Musical: Studio 100 made two musicals based on their CGI animated shows. Vicky the Viking gained a musical stage show in 2014 called "Wickie de Musical", and there was a second musical based on Maya the Bee in October 2016 called "Maya en de Pollenbollen". Both musicals have live costumed actors as the characters. The trio of Studio 100's K3 girl group also did a musical for Miffy.