Sony Bend (a.k.a. SIE Bend Studio, formerly SCE Bend Studio; formerly known as Eidetic) is a subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment based in Bend, Oregon, USA.
Originally an independent developer during the studio's formation in 1994, they were responsible for Bubsy 3D, regarded as one of the worst games ever made (Eidetic blamed its publisher Accolade for making them release their alpha build to market against the soon-to-be-classic Super Mario 64). Since their purchase by Sony, most of the studio's games have been received positively, with Syphon Filter being the company's road to redemption.
Video games developed as Eidetic:
Video games developed as (Sony) Bend Studio:
- Resistance: Retribution (PSP)
- Syphon Filter 3 (PlayStation)
- Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
- Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PlayStation 2, PSP)
- Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PlayStation 2, PSP)
- Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PlayStation 2)
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PlayStation Vita)
- Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (PlayStation Vita)
- Days Gone