Sofia Boutella (born April 3, 1982 in Bab El Oued, Algeria) is a French-Algerian dancer and actress.
She became known initially for her hip-hop and street dance in her appeareances in Nike Women's advertising campaigns. She was one of the dancers of Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour in 2008-2009, and has starred in several films with increasingly important roles since.
Works with TV Tropes pages:
- StreetDance 2 (2012) as Eva
- Monsters: Dark Continent (2014) as Ara
- Kingsman as Gazelle
- Star Trek Beyond (2016) as Jaylah
- The Mummy (2017) as Princess Ahmanet
- Atomic Blonde (2017) as Delphine Lasalle
- Fahrenheit 451 (2018) as Clarisse
- Hotel Artemis (2018) as Nice
- Climax (2018) as Selva
- Modern Love (2019) as Yasmine
- What Could Have Been: Michael Jackson himself wanted Boutella to be part of his "This Is It" tour in 2009, but she declined due to the extension of the Madonna tour she danced in. Then the King of Pop died and the "This Is It" tour died with him. As a tribute, Sofia played the main character in the music video for "Hollywood Tonight", one of Jackson's songs that was released posthumously.