Shelley Alexis Duvall (born July 7, 1949 in Fort Worth, Texas) is a retired American actress, producer, writer, and singer.
She's most famous for her acclaimed roles in Robert Altman's films in The '70s, for playing Wendy Torrance in Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of Stephen King's horror novel The Shining, and for creating TV shows such as Faerie Tale Theatre.
She retired from acting in 2002, apparently due to a mental illness she's still suffering from that may have been triggered by the infamous abuse Kubrick put her through when filming The Shining.
No, she isn't related to Robert Duvall.
- Brewster McCloud (1970) as Suzanne Davis
- McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971) as Ida Coyle
- Thieves Like Us (1974) as Keechie
- Nashville (1975) as L. A. Joan
- 3 Women (1977) as Millie Lammoreaux
- Annie Hall (1977) as Pam
- The Shining (1980) as Wendy Torrance
- Popeye (1980) as Olive Oyl
- Time Bandits (1981) as Pansy
- Frankenweenie (1984 short) as Susan Frankenstein
- Roxanne (1987) as Dixie
- Mother Goose Rock 'n' Rhyme (1990) as Little Bo Peep
- Suburban Commando (1991) as Jenny Wilcox
- The Portrait of a Lady (1996) as Countess Gemini
- RocketMan (1997) as Mrs. Randall
- Casper Meets Wendy (1998) as Gabby