Scott Stewart Bakula (born October 9, 1954 in St. Louis, Missouri) is an American actor.
He is best known for his starring role as the time traveling scientist Dr. Sam Beckett on Quantum Leap. He also starred as Captain Jonathan Archer on Star Trek: Enterprise and more recently played Special Agent Dwayne Pride on NCIS: New Orleans.
- Quantum Leap (1989-1993): Dr. Sam Beckett.
- Necessary Roughness (1991): Paul Blake.
- Color of Night (1994): Dr. Bob Moore.
- Lord of Illusions (1995): Harry D'Amour.
- Cats Don't Dance (1997): Danny.
- Major League: Back to the Minors (1998): Gus Cantrell.
- American Beauty (1999): Jim Olmeyer.
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005): Captain Jonathan Archer.
- Men of a Certain Age (2009-2011): Terry Elliott.
- Source Code (2011): Mr. Stevens, Colter's Father.
- Desperate Housewives (2012): Trip Weston.
- Behind the Candelabra (2013): Bob Black.
- NCIS: New Orleans (2014-2021): Special Agent Dwayne Pride.
Tropes and trivia in his works:
- Adam Westing: His cameo in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia had him as an out of work actor forced to take a job in a nursing home after a nasty divorce.
- Promoted Fanboy: Bakula was a fan of the original Star Trek series prior to being cast as Archer.