SIMGM Productions specializes in animated Affectionate Parodies of popular TV shows and celebrities, all created through The Sims. The channel came to fame with popular parodies of Glee in 2012 and then branched out into other media popular with teens like Pretty Little Liars, Scream Queens (2015) and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Selection of spoof series
Common tropes in episodes
- Affectionate Parody: All but the Prudence and Zack series is this, although there were moments when the two siblings would appear as bystanders in parodies too.
- Animated Actors: Celebrities often appear to play characters if it's a spoof. In the case of The Kardasims, Nicki Minaj is most likely to appear as a character from the media the episode is spoofing, followed by Britney Spears and siblings Prudence and Zack.
- Breakout Character: Nicki Minaj and the Kardashians became the face of the channel by 2018. Compared to how the channel originated with parodies of numerous popular TV dramas, celebrity spoofs gradually overtook in popularity.
- Character Exaggeration: Happens frequently.
- The Kardashians family's reputation of starring ditzy rich sisters features episodes of them being forced to live like average, working-class people.
- Most of the female pop stars from The '90s to The New '10s hate each other, which was explored in the Lana Del Ray Duet and the Diva House series.
- Pretty Little Liars depicts Aria as Too Dumb to Live, Hanna as a short-tempered Deadpan Snarker who gives the odd "The Reason You Suck" Speech, Emily as a Canada, Eh? Hormone-Addled Teenager, and much of the men are made needy nervous wrecks.
- The Cameo: Characters often appear unannounced outside of their stories or universes.
- A Rule of Funny in the series. Some include Cardi B and Nicki Minaj in the Upside Down; Lady Gaga in Us; Prudence and Zack in Liberty City and working at Freddy's; and the Kardasims meeting Jack and Rose on the Titanic.
- Along with Actor Allusion, Aria's mother is revealed to be a witch with a secret sister named Phoebe. It takes Aria extremely long to notice because her mother puts memory-loss spells on her if she is ever close to finding out her mother's truth.
- Funetik Aksent: Nicki Minaj (or, how she'd pronounce it, "De Nicki Minuh") talks like this.
- The Music Meister: Nicki Minaj, who always finds a time to rap. She prides herself on this to the point where when Cardi B turns up with the same habit, Nicki sees her as a competitive pest.
- New Job as the Plot Demands: The Nicki Minaj at Different Jobs series.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed:
- The faceless man with long, pink hair appears to be a parody of Jeffree Star.
- The channel's specialty, to the point where many of their surnames feature "Sim".
- Rule of Three: Many things, from parties to businesses, are called "a noun" that's repeated 3 times. Highlights include the Hotel Hotel Hotel (a haunted hotel), Pizza Pizza Pizza (a pizza restaurant), and The Dance Dance Dance (a high school dance).
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: A sibling variation with Zack (savvy) and Prudence (energetic, although more ambitious).
- Shout-Out: Originally, the channel creators had a channel simply named "SIMGM", which is said to be based on "MGM".
- Take That!:
- The entirety of Gleedo was this: the channel rewriting scenarios or character behavior to "correct" what Glee failed to do.
- Aria explaining she cannot go a scene in Pretty Little Liars without saying "Ezra," kissing a repairman who visits Spencer's house (followed by Spencer explaining she does that with every man she meets for the first time), or her moments of stupidity.
- The parody commercial of Scream Queens includes the Token Minority reciting nothing but Black stereotypes, inferred by the video's comments as a critique of how the character is portrayed in the official TV series. One time, she simply says "Fried chicken".
- Too Dumb to Live: