Rose of Pollux is a Fanfiction writer whose work includes fanfiction written for Doctor Who, The Monkees, Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heroes, and The Man From UNCLE. Her Doctor Who fics focus on the dynamic duo composed of The Second Doctor and loyal companion Jamie, both during Two's Televised run and Season 6B.
Masterlists for all her fanfiction on Tumblr can be found here. Her Doctor-Who specific fanfiction can be found here, listed in order from Jamie's perspective, as otherwise, timelines can get... confusing. Her Hogan's Heroes masterlist is here. She's put some of her fanfiction up on Fanfiction.net, which can be found here.
Rose of Pollux's work contains examples of:
- A Minor Kidroduction: Great Things and This All Happened Once Before serve as these for Jamie. In the former, he first meets the Doctor at the age of two months old, and is around ten in the latter.
- Baby Language: Once again, the Eleventh Doctor speaks it. This time, he speaks to Jamie in Great Things.
- Christmas Episode: A Lifetime Away, among others. It focuses on Jamie's first Christmas on the TARDIS.
- Call-Forward / Call-Back: These can be interchangeable in the Doctor Who fics due to the timey-wimey nature of Rose of Pollux's works and the source material.
- In A Lifetime Away, the Doctor expresses a desire to open a detective agency in New York. He ends up doing so in Smith & McCrimmon Investigative Services, Ltd
- Crossover: A few, including You Never Had a Friend Like Me (crossover with Mork & Mindy) and Once Upon a Time Lord (crossover with Once Upon a Time).
- Cuddle Bug: With legendary cuddlers Two and Jamie as the main characters of her Doctor Who works, what do you expect?
- Fighting from the Inside: Jamie manages this twice while under mental control, both times using his loyalty to the Doctor to break himself out.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Two and Jamie, of course. And Mike and Davy in The Monkees, and Newkirk and LeBeau in Hogan's Heroes, and Napoleon and Illya in The Man From UNCLE.
- Subverted with Napoleon and Illya, as it turns out. She ships them.
- Historical-Domain Character: Al Capone appears in The Unvwoorpables.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe, the fact that the Doctor forgot what Jamie looked like during one of their early adventures has become this. Jamie has ribbed him for it more than once.
- The Power of Friendship: Used often, including to bring Zoe and Jamie back to life in A Victim of Sentiment.
- Ruptured Appendix: In the "Lone Star and Union Jack" collection of vignettes, a teenaged Davy contracts appendicitis.
- Shout-Out: The name of one of the stories is Song of Storms.
- Stable Time Loop: Jamie's nickname. As it turns out, the Doctor gave Jamie his nickname at their first meeting (from Jamie's perspective, which occurred when he was about two months old). Which he only knew because that was how Jamie introduced himself at their first meeting from his perspective.
- Superpowered Alter Ego: In Metamorphosis, the Chameleon-arched Jamie's alter-ego, who claims the title of the Piper, can be seen as this. He's seemingly smarter and more physically hardy, but significantly less compassionate than Jamie.
- Taken for Granite: The Doctor in A Time Lord's Fear. Thankfully, it doesn't stick.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: A few minor ones. Jamie meets the Doctor out-of-order, as it turns out.
- True Companions: A definite Author Appeal in most of her stories, whatever the fandom.
- Unbroken Vigil:
- Shows up in Regret, Part 2, when it's mentioned that Napoleon hasn't left his chair since Illya had been brought in to Medical.
- Flipped later in I Fly to You, when it's Illya's turn to keep vigil over Napoleon in Medical. He apparently does so all night.
- Undying Loyalty: Jamie has this towards the Doctor. All of them, particularly his own. This sentiment is reciprocated by the Time Lord.