Robert B. Parker (1932-2010) was an author; mostly of mystery/Police Procedural's, but there were a few Western's, too. He also helped finish a couple of incomplete Philip Marlowe stories; after his death the favor was returned, as such, with several authors helping continue some of his active series.
Works he produced, with their page:
Tropes Pertaining to the Author:
- All-Star Cast: One of the narrators of the audiobook version of Nightmares & Dreamscapes (by Stephen King). Also, the TV shows and Films based on his books include Tom Selleck, Avery Brooks, Robert Urich....
- Author Existence Failure: Reportedly, he died at his desk, while working on one of his books.
- Boston: Where Parker lived, and where some of his books (if not most, such as for Spenser) are based.
- The Film of the Book/The Show of the Books: Several of his books were turned into movies (e.g. Appaloosa), or into TV shows (Spenser: For Hire).
- Food Porn: If one of Parker's characters can cook, then you will get a great description of what they prepare; otherwise you'll get what's almost an ad for the restaurant that they eat at.
- Outlived Its Creator: The Sunny Randall, Jesse Stone, and Spenser series are still being published; each one has one author assigned, for continuity.
- Said Bookism: Almost a Signature Style for him.