Reflect Studios is one of the most prolific indie horror game developers, comparable in popularity and impact to Puppet Combo. Its founder and primary creative director/programmer is Adam Flatau.
List of games:
- Rides With Strangers (2016 demo, full game coming soon)
- Welcome to the Game (2016)
- The Waiting Room DLC (2017)
- John's Night Shift (TBA)
- Welcome To The Game: Ben's Chapter (TBA)
- Welcome To The Game: Veronica's Chapter (TBA)
- Welcome To The Game: Online (TBA)
- Welcome to the Game II (2018)
- Scrutinized (2020)
- Masks of Deception (2022)
Reflect Studios games typically contain the following tropes:
- Author Avatar: Adam is a recurring character throughout the games.
- Canon Welding: All Reflect Studios games take place in the same universe, each with little hints that connect one with the other.
- Crapsack World: The Reflect Studios universe seems to be set in a world where crime, especially cyber-crime, is 10 times worse than it is in ours.
- Jump Scare: Reflect Studios has some of the most traumatizing jumpscares in horror game history.
- Nintendo Hard: Reflect Studios games are intended to be very challenging and time-consuming.
- Police Are Useless: For some reason, in this world calling the police is not considered an option when you know your house is being continuously targeted by multiple psychos on the same night, nor said psychos will ever assume their prey would call for help and therefore give up - or opt for another easier prey. Only slightly averted in Welcome to the Game II, where the police will send the SWAT to kick your door down in case you dare to hack into someone's else wifi. Mildly justified by the fact that the various protagonists are acting as vigilantes and always commit the crime of hacking themselves as part of their involvement in the story, but that won't still explain while they would rather get killed than arrested.