Rachel Townsend (nee Phillips) is a reporter for ITV's Granada Tonight. Born in Liverpool, she started out at Calendar in Yorkshire before moving to Granada Tonight around late 2009.
Tropes pertaining to or associated with Rachel Townsend:
- Action Girl: Likes to be in the centre of the action. Not a literal Action Girl.
- Dumb Blonde: Averted, very much intelligent.
- Hair of Gold: She's more gold blonde than blonde-haired.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Yes, despite stereotypes of Liverpudlians, she speaks this way, giving Russell Brand a run for his money.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: From Liverpool, but you wouldn't know it.