He is well-known for, and makes no secret, of his professional admiration of fellow comic book artist George Pérez, whom he considers his primary influence.
- Infinite Crisis (artist)
- The Invisibles (artist)
- New X-Men (artist)
- Spider-Man: Brand New Day (artist)
- Superwoman (writer)
- The Transformers: Dark Cybertron (layouts)
- Wonder Woman
Tropes Associated with Phil Jimenez's work;
- Comic-Book Fantasy Casting: He's admitted his Wonder Woman is as much based on Lynda Carter as it is Perez's depiction of her.
- Continuity Porn: His Wonder Woman run was very, very big on reviving anything and everything from older Wonder Woman stories, whether it be dropped storylines from the Perez era or long forgotten aspects of Wonder Woman lore such as Villainy Inc that hadn't been seen since the 1940s.
- Creator Cameo: In the scenes in Spider-Man (2002) in which Peter is seen creating sketches of his costume, the close-ups of his hands are actually those of Jimenez.
- Creator's Favorite: Wonder Woman and Donna Troy are his two favorite comics characters.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: As George Pérez is his biggest artistic influence, this should come as no surprise. Best seen in him being the primary artist on Infinite Crisis, the sequel to Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- Promoted Fanboy: Arguably the biggest fan of Wonder Woman to have ever professionally worked on the character.