Peter Hayden Dinklage (born June 11, 1969 in Morristown, New Jersey) is an American actor with achondroplasia, the most common form of dwarfism ("regular" sized head and torso, shortened arms and legs).
His breakout role was Finbar McBride in The Station Agent, and he has also appeared in such films as Elf and Death at a Funeral (both versions) and series such as Nip/Tuck. Since 2011, he has played Tyrion Lannister in the HBO series Game of Thrones, winning near-universal acclaim for his performance. He won four Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his portrayal of the character, along with numerous other awards and nominations. In 2014, he appeared as the villain Bolivar Trask in the movie X-Men: Days of Future Past, and as your companion AI "Ghost" in the video game Destiny.
In addition to supporting causes related to dwarfism, Dinklage is a well known vegetarian and campaigner for animal rights, narrating PETA videos such as this one.
Fun fact: he is actually related to the German noble family Dincklage, which can be traced back to 1231.
- Living in Oblivion (1995) — Tito
- The Station Agent (2003) — Finbar McBride
- Elf (2003) — Miles Finch
- Tiny Tiptoes (2003) — Maurice
- Threshold (2005) — Arthur Ramsey
- Find Me Guilty (2006) — Ben Klandis
- Penelope (2006) — Lemon
- Nip/Tuck (2006) — Marlowe Sawyer
- Death at a Funeral (2007) — Peter
- Underdog (2007) — Simon bar Sinister
- Prince Caspian (2008) — Trumpkin
- Death at a Funeral (2010) — Frank
- Game of Thrones (2011-2019) — Tyrion Lannister
- Ice Age 4: Continental Drift (2012) — Captain Gutt (voice)
- Knights of Badassdom (2013) — Hung
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) — Bolivar Trask
- Pixels (2015) — Eddie Plant
- The Angry Birds Movie (2016) — Mighty Eagle (voice)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) — James
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) — Eitri
- My Dinner with Hervé (2018) Hervé Villechaize
- This Superbowl ad with Morgan Freeman where they use Doritos and Mountain Dew's new flavors to sing...hmmm, a song of ice and fire.