Pacific Rim Animation was a rather unknown animation studio in China. Its manager was Randall M. Chaffe, and its vice president was Milt Vallas. According to animator Royce Ramos, it also had a unit in the Philippines. The company closed in 1995 because of financial problems.
Not to be confused with the movie of a similar name.
The company's provided animation and minor services for:
- Aladdin: The Series (one episode: "Snowman is an Island" - additional animation services for Jaime Diaz Producciones)
- An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (Trace & Paint, uncredited)
- David Copperfield (the 1993 Animated Adaptation)
- Double Dragon (season 1, minus first episode)
- DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (Ink & Paint and Camera services)
- G.I. Joe (DiC series, season 2) (with A-Line, Cartooneurs, Hung Long, Point Animation, and Take One)
- Goof Troop (Ink & Paint for four episodesList . Outsourced by Walt Disney Animation Australia and Freelance Animators New Zealand)
- The Little Mermaid (1989) (the millions of bubbles in the film. Done during the Tiananmen Square debacle, which threatened production)
- Magical Super Trolls (TV special)
- The Magic Voyage (Ink & Paint, Camera)
- Peter Pan & the Pirates (10 episodes) List
- Rock-A-Doodle (Cel Painting)
- Stop The Smoggies
- Super Mario World
- TaleSpin (Ink & Paint for Walt Disney Animation France, uncredited)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 series, some episodes from Season 3-7)
- The Wizard of Oz (1990 series)
Tropes present in Pacific Rim's work:
- Limited Animation: Their DIC work in general, e.g. Super Mario World, Hammerman, Double Dragon.