niceperson IS another author on Fan Fiction Dot Net whose stories are awesomely hilarious, at least until he was banned. What sets him apart from most of his kin though is that most of his stories are connected in some way or form, featuring the recurring villain Spadang Skaran, and his story Revenge of Oother II: Return of Oother incorporating elements and characters from almost all of his past works.
Fanfiction.net deleted niceperson's stories but some of them are back online on http://niceperson.freewebspace.com. If anyone has his other 12 please notify him.
A brief listing of his fics thus far:
- The Legend of Zelda: THE NEW ARMY OF GANNON!
- Merlin: Revenge of Oother
- Batman Fights Aliens
- Kid Icarus: Kid's Jorueny in the First Level
- Christmas Carol II: THE TRUE TRUTH ABOUT SCROOGE!
- GORON'S QUEST! A Longer Story
- Skins: The Skin of Doom
- The Evill of Spadang Skaran
- Star Wars Episod 7: Spadang Skaran Strikes Back!
- Star Trek: Deep Spadang Skaran 9
- Phoenix Wright and the Ultimat Case of Doom!
- Revenge of Oother II: Return of Oother
- The Final Battle of Oother
There is also a story he has 'disoned'.
Tropes featured in this guy's work:
- Ascended Meme - A slight one; a review for Star Wars Episod 7: Spadang Skaran Strikes Back! focused mainly on the 'SLAVERY IS BAD YOU DICK' quote, and that quote found its way into Revenge of Oother II.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy - Ebenezer Scrooge is really the Doctor, and the Joker is an alien.
- Beige Prose - Even his 'Longer Story' was pretty short. But the Revenge of Oother series is beginning to avert this.
- Berserk Button - Do not suggest Oother's name is spelt with an 'U'.
- Chekhov's Gun - At the end of Revenge of Oother it is claimed that "Merlin probably died but its possible that he could of survived it and who knows, someon like Hitler or Starlin or Bin Lardan could be him is disguse". At the end of the sequel "Starlin" turns up as a lieutenant in the army. Guess who he is in disguise?
- Clipped-Wing Angel - In Star Trek: Deep Spadang Skaran 9, Spadang becomes a dragon, but is quickly defeated by 'blue matter'
- He puts up more of a fight in Final Battle, but the blue matter strikes again!
- Crosses the Line Twice - Spadang is not above eating dead babies or nuking a group of innocent pensioners.
- Does This Remind You of Anything? - Several elements of the Oother trilogy, as the author's notes mostly point out.
- Don't Explain the Joke - Constant author's notes have niceperson pointing out where he made a pun, or when he's making a 'satyr'.
- Early Installment Weirdness - His first few stories are nothing like the later ones, reading more like generic Peter Chimaera pastiches. They are not interconnected, Spadang Skaran is completely absent, and they mostly seem to take place in their original canons rather than in niceperson's world. Also, they all end with a moral, a gimmick seemingly abandoned when he brought in the Villain Sue Spadang. This is especially obvious in Revenge of Oother, in which Oother has only a couple of lines and, other than calling someone a "bitch" and being described as "right" at the end, acts relatively in character. He also gets stabbed half-way through the story, far from the God-Mode Sue Samuel L. Jackson Expy he became.
- Expy - Oother is obviously based on Samuel L. Jackson.
- Face–Heel Turn - Phoenix Wright and David Tennant join Spadang's forces.
- Funetik Aksent - Appears semi-frequently, with "Oother" himself being a prominent example. Others include Christopher Eccleston's exaggerated Northern accent and the spelling of Stalin and Bin Laden as "Starlin" and "Bin Lardan" respectively.
- Heroic B.S.O.D. - This trope is name-dropped as Goron has one.
- Hilarious in Hindsight - 'Christmas Carol II' combines A Christmas Carol with Doctor Who, just like the latter's 2010 Christmas special later did.
- Hypocritical Humour - An April Fools chapter, "Oother M", parodies the writing and dialogue of Metroid: Other M. That's right, the writing is so bad even niceperson can mock it.
- In-Name-Only - Return of Oother. A Merlin story set in the future, involving Oother as a gun-wielding badass going against Spadang. Also, from other canons, it has Phoenix Wright as a jaded cyborg general, Cook from Skins as a zombie, "Max" Smith as a laughing megalomaniac with Han Solo and Star Trek's Sulu as his dumb henchmen, and Link from Zelda as a hermit. Most of them are so different they're even given new names.
- Laughing Mad - Spadang laughs after just about every sentence.
- Max Smith has a penchant for laughing evilly, too, even though he never really does anything evil.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover - Revenge of Oother II. Even the piranhas from Piranha 3D make an appearance!
- Plucky Comic Relief - Bob the Zora in GORON'S QUEST.
- Rouge Angles of Satin - Plenty. But if you point them out, you're an 'evil fashist'.
- Actually averted in at least one important case. "The King of Red Lines" is mentioned once in an early chapter of GORONS QUEST, at first seeming like a typo of the King of Red Lions. In Revenge of Oother II, however, the King of Red Lines (whose name actually comes from facial scars) becomes an important character, and Goron's evil wife.
- Scotland - Hamish McScottish hu was Scottish and lived in Sotland sad "Och this will not do! We need a HERO LADDIE!"
- Stealth Parody - Possibly. niceperson uses quite a few memes, and also shows a lot of Doctor Who knowledge (including references to William Hartnell stories) for someone who can't even get the lead actor's name right.
- Take That! - niceperson is not fond of people who criticise his spelling. Or Skins. Or David Tennant. And don't get him STARTED on Wale- er, Whales.
- He also references Willow, a notoriously tacky nightclub in York. They've been putting "Blue Matter" in their drinks.
- They Killed Kenny Again - In the second and third parts of the Oother trilogy, Torchwood's PC Andy appears in the first chapters only to be killed just to demonstrate Oother's badassness. In "Final Battle", Rhys joins him as well.
- Villain Sue - To quote: Spadang Skaran was such an awsom baddy that he had manged to crush even his allys! The Naziss admited he was the master race and the Daleks sed he was the suprem being and the Nazgool dumped Saron for him.
- Weaksauce Weakness - The Joker's weakness is serious discussions and homework.