Natalia Guseva today.
Natalia Yevegnievna Guseva (Ната́лья Влади́мировна Гу́сева, born 15 February 1972 in Zvenigorod, Russia) is a Russian actress famous for her role as Alisa Selezneva
in Guest from the Future
, a Science Fiction
miniseries based on the works of Kir Bulychev
. She had appeared in some small movies, but became an instant star with the release of Guest from the Future
, which resulted in "Alisomania." She resigned from acting at the end of the 1980s when producers began offering her roles that in her words "would dirty the bright image of Alisa" and instead studied to become a scientist. She has recently returned to acting with some small roles. She lives in Moscow with her daughter Alesya, and is still involved in the fan community.
- Dangerous Trifles (1983) - A 10-minute instructional film about traffic safety which also included her Guest from the Future co-star Inna Churkina.
- Guest from the Future (1984) as Alisa Selezneva. This was her Star-Making Role.
- Race of the Century (1986)
- Lilac Sphere (1987) reprising her role as Alisa Selezneva.
- Will of the Universe (1988)
- Liteiny (2009, episode "Face") as a TV presenter.
- Alisa's Birthday (2009) as a starship captain opposite Yasya Nikolaeva as Alisa Selezneva.
Tropes associated with this actress's work:
- Contractual Purity: Self-imposed. She refused a role in 1989 that would have required her to act in a rape scene, and took a twenty-year hiatus from acting. She said she did not want to do anything that would ruin the good image of Alisa.
- Defictionalization: Natalia Guseva, who played scientifically-minded Alisa, became a scientist and has a daughter named Alesya. Guest from the Future must be more inspirational than initially thought...
- He Also Did: The actress is also a biochemist.
- Star-Making Role: As Alisa Selezneva in Guest from the Future.