Outside of her modeling career, she is also known in the media for having anger issues, with well-documented and publicized cases of assault against former employees and police officers, the latter earning her a lifetime ban from British Airways (as she committed the assault at their airline terminal).
Apart from modeling, Campbell has ventured out into acting, reality tv hosting, singing, and activism, especially as it relates to racial discrimination within her industry. She is the primary coach and executive producer for the supermodel reality competition show The Face. Her filmography includes:
- Invasion of Privacy (1996): Cindy
- Trippin' (1999): Naomi Shaffer
- Fat Slags (2004): Sales assistant
- Empire (2015-16): Camilla Marks
- American Horror Story: Hotel (2015): Claudia Bankson
- Zoolander 2 (2016): Cameo As Herself
- Lee Daniels Star (2017-19): Rose Crane
- I Feel Pretty (2018): Helen
Tropes applying to her work:
- The '90s: She was a staple of the runway during the early to mid-1990s.
- Fashion Model: One of the most famous models in the industry to this day.
- Reality Show: The Face
- Self-Deprecation: She's lampooned her image as an Alpha Bitch a few times. She showed up in Fat Slags as a bitchy fashion boutique employee who got punched in the mouth after being rude to a pair of customers.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's actually fairly short for a model, coming in at 5 feet 9 inches, but with respect to the average woman, is well above average.