Mondo TV S.p.A. is an Italian television production company created by Orlando Corradi (who also directed many of its series and movies). It has an official YouTube channel here.
Not to be confused with Mondo Media, the animation studio behind Happy Tree Friends.
Series and films by Mondo TV:
Tropes associated with Mondo TV:
- Animated Anthology: The Great Book of Nature, Toy Toons and Happy Adventures are compilations of older short films, produced in-house by SEK.
- Animesque: Most of its '90s series, such as The Legend of Sleeping Beauty, and Super Little Fanta Heroes. Makes sense since Orlando Corradi started off by licensing Japanese animation throughout the 70's and 80's, and co-producing anime shows like Robin Hood, The Jungle Book and Christopher Columbus.
- Compilation Movie: Most, if not all, of their old shows (minus some co-productions) have spawned compilation films.
- Covers Always Lie: Happens with cover art for Italian DVD releases by former subsidiary Moviemax, which depicts heavily altered (in design) characters and locations◊.
- Foreign Re-Score: Happens with licensed North Korean animation (such as Squirrel and Hedgehog, The Great Book of Nature and Toy Toons, and the films Prince Moon and Princess Sun and Young Fisherman & Black Dragon; new music is composed by John Sposito), and English-dubbed versions of Japanese anime by Mondo and Interfilm Company (Robin Hood and The Legend of Snow White; new music is composed by Mark Bradley, Bill Nabb and Terry Wilson).
- Limited Animation: A lot of their work, in general, relies on this.
- Mascot: Winner, a small white dog that first appeared in Simba the King Lion and became a recurring character in most of their subsequent productions.
- The Mockbuster: Shows like Simba the King Lion, and movies like The Legend of the Titanic.
- Production Posse: Frequently collaborates with SEK Studio and, to a lesser extent, Hahn Shin Corporation.
- Uncredited Role: The voice cast is left out in several original shows from the 1990's and 2000's.