Michael York OBE (born Michael Hugh Johnson in Fulmer, England, 27 March 1942) is an English actor.
His career began in the 1960s when Franco Zeffirelli cast him in his film versions of The Taming of the Shrew and Romeo and Juliet. In the 1970s, he appeared in Cabaret, The Three Musketeers, Murder on the Orient Express and Logan's Run. In the late 1990s, he became known to a new generation of moviegoers as Basil Exposition in the Austin Powers series.
His television career includes the miniseries Jesus of Nazareth (for which he reunited with Zeffirelli), Curb Your Enthusiasm (as a fictionalized version of himself) and several guest appearances on The Simpsons.
- Romeo and Juliet (1968): Tybalt.
- Zeppelin (1972): Lt. Geoffrey Richter-Douglas.
- Cabaret (1972): Brian Roberts.
- Lost Horizon (1973): George Conway.
- The Three Musketeers (1973): D'Artagnan.
- Murder on the Orient Express (1974): Count Rudolf Andrenyi.
- Conduct Unbecoming (1975): Lieutenant Arthur Drake.
- Logan's Run (1976): Logan 5.
- The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977): Andrew Braddock.
- Jesus of Nazareth (1977): John the Baptist.
- The Last Remake of Beau Geste (1977): Beau Geste.
- The Phantom of the Opera (1983): Michael Hartnell.
- Austin Powers: Basil Exposition.
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)
- A Christmas Carol (1997): Bob Cratchit (voice).
- Wrongfully Accused (1998): Hibbing Goodhue.
- The Omega Code (1999): Stone Alexander.
- Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes (2010): Sherlock Holmes (voice).
- The Mill And The Cross (2011): Nicolaes Jonghelinck.