Melissa Brayden is an author of lesbian romance. Her characters are typically in their twenties or thirties, and often contend with professional challenges in addition to romantic ones. Characters from previous books occasionally pop up or are mentioned later.
- Waiting in the Wings
- Heart Block
- How Sweet it Is
- Kiss the Girl
- Just Three Words
- Ready or Not
- First Position
- Strawberry Summer
- Eyes Like Those
- Hearts Like Hers
- Sparks Like Ours
- Love Like This
- Beautiful Dreamer
- Back to September (due out November 2019)
- To the Moon and Back (due out March 2020)
- Entangled (due out July 2020)
Tropes appearing in Melissa's works include:
- Babies Ever After: Autumn and Kate get this, with twins, no less.
- Break-Up/Make-Up Scenario: Happens in every book. In a couple of cases, the main couple stayed broken up for years.
- Cast Full of Gay: The Soho Loft series and Seven Shores series each revolve around a group of gay or bisexual women, and there are plenty of other gay folks in their orbit.
- Closet Key: Emory is this for Sarah in Heart Block, and Gia is one for Elle in Sparks Like Ours.
- Coming-Out Story: Sarah and Elle, noted in the Closet Key examples, have to navigate revealing their sexuality to their families.
- Happily Ever After: Every book ends with one of these.
- Hereditary Homosexuality: Hadley is a lesbian who has two dads.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: This is one issue that makes Hunter and Sam (Just Three Words) gun-shy about getting together.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Seems to be the rule rather than the exception.