Mehdi Sadaghdar (born January 13, 1977) is an Iranian-Canadian electrical engineer and YouTube comedian.
He runs the channel ElectroBOOM, an educational-comedy channel that deals with electicity-based experiments, as well as other tutorials, with Mehdi enduring pain each video.
His channel, ElectroBOOM, contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: Mehdi has some.
- Saying that electric current kills people.
- Fake DIY projects.
- Free-energy devices are a minor one.
- Spelling his name "Medhi".
- Butt-Monkey: Mehdi himself.
- Cluster Bleep-Bomb: He is known for swearing when things go wrong or when he gets hurt, and the swears are usually censored.
- Don't Try This at Home: A constant refrain....right before he tries it at home. And probably shocks himself.
- Electric Torture: Mehdi constantly gets electrocuted in most of his videos.
- Happily Married: Mehdi is married and has a daughter (nicknamed "ElectroCute").
- Hypocritical Humor: Says he distrusts people with an accent while having a heavy accent himself.
- Jump Scare: Some of the shocks he gets cause this for him.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Has worked on many a project and has given up at times due to lack of knowledge in a field or things just refusing to work.
- Plot Detour: In many videos, sometimes the main crux is deviated from due to him causing short circuits and stuff blowing up.
- For example in How to Repair a Flat Tire, he accidentally blows the cigarette lighter fuse when trying to use an electric pump, requiring him to fix the fuse.
- Reality Ensues: Has debunked many a free energy device, electrical BS, and other questionable devices.
- Running Gag: "FULL BRIDGE RECTIFIER!"
- Sensory Abuse: In part 2 of his OneTesla series, the music he plays via the Tesla coil is so loud that he has to cover his ears.Mehdi: My f—-ing brain cells!
- Stuff Blowing Up: Mainly capacitors but all sorts of electrical components fall apart.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Whenever Mehdi does something he knows is going to shock him.