The McElroy brothers are Justin, Travis and Griffin McElroynote : a trio of internet entertainers and loveable boys from Huntington, West Virginia, best known for the advice podcast and web show My Brother, My Brother and Me, the D&D podcast The Adventure Zone with their father Clint, and the Polygon web series Monster Factory. They've amassed a large following for their oddball sense of humor and great chemistry with each other, with Griffin making it onto Forbes' "30 under 30" list for 2017. Griffin and Justin also both worked as video game journalists for several years; the two were part of the founding staff of Polygon, where they worked as writers and editors from 2012 to 2018.
You can find a more extensive list of their works here.
Notable McElroy projectsMaximum Fun
- My Brother, My Brother and Me: A weekly advice podcast in which Justin, Travis and Griffin answer listener questions and unanswered questions from Yahoo Answers; Hilarity Ensues.
- The Adventure Zone: A Spin-Off of MBMBAM where Griffin runs a game of Dungeons & Dragons for Justin, Travis and their father Clint. Despite its lighthearted and ridiculous start, it soon accumulated a deep mythology and engaging story... while still being lighthearted and ridiculous. While it's has several shorter campaigns and one-shots in various systems and settings, there have been three main campaigns so far.
- The Adventure Zone: Balance: A trio of adventurers are hired to escort a wagon, which quickly slides into a story of family, doomsday artifacts, and conning shopkeepers out of their wares.
- The Adventure Zone: Amnesty: A few ordinary people uncover a secret in an Appalachian town and become its protectors against what lurks in the dark. Unlike the previous campaign, it's run through the Monster of the Week system.
- The Adventure Zone: Graduation: In a world where heroism and villainy are official government jobs, we follow our protagonists as they seek higher education to enter into this workforce... as henchmen and sidekicks. Also in this campaign, Travis takes the helm as DM.
- Sawbones: A weekly medical podcast in which Justin and his wife, Dr. Sydnee McElroy, look back through medical history to see all the terrible and misguided ways that medicine got it wrong in the past.
- Shmanners: A weekly podcast where Travis and his wife Teresa discuss and explain etiquette, both historical and modern.
- Rose Buddies: A weekly podcast where Griffin and his wife Rachel watch and review episodes of The Bachelor and its spinoffs because it's too horrible a show to watch alone. After 85 episodes, Griffin and Rachel couldn't stand The Bachelor anymore and the podcast was retooled into Wonderful!
- Wonderful!: A weekly podcast where Griffin and Rachel discuss whatever topics they're currently enthusiastic about.
- Bunker Buddies: A weekly podcast starring Travis and Andie Bolt, in which they attempt to come up with schemes for surviving any conceivable apocalypse.
- Trends Like These: A weekly round-up of the latest internet trends by Travis and Brent Black.
- Monster Factory: A biweekly show for Polygon starring Justin and Griffin, in which they abuse video game character creators to create hideous creatures (and corpse).
- The Besties: A monthly video game review podcast by Griffin and Justin with Chris Plante and Russ Frushtick, where they (poorly) select the best video games of each month.
- Awful Squad: A weekly Let's Play series of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds by the Polygon staff, usually including Griffin, often Justin, and occasionally even Travis gets in on the fun on virtue of his connection to the other two, despite not being a Polygon employee.
- Car Boys: A weekly Polygon series in which Griffin and Nick Robinson play BeamNG.drive, a "soft body car physics simulator", and get into adventures with high speed crashes and Alien Geometries.
- Touch the Skyrim: A video series where Griffin and Nick Robinson take the game Skyrim and destroy it with mods, to the point where it's either unrecognisable or unplayable.
- Coolgames Inc: A podcast for Polygon in which Griffin and Nick Robinson take listener suggestions for video games, and then go completely off the rails expanding on them.
- PeaceCraft: A Polygon show in which Griffin tries to explore the whole of World of Warcraft without getting into a fight. It doesn't go too well.
- Griffin's Amiibo Corner: Another Polygon web series about Griffin reviewing amiibo by trying to fit them into his mouth. It's totally not a vore thing.
- Pokemon Y Nuzlocke Challenge: A Polygon series with Griffin trying his hand for the first time at a Nuzlocke run.
- My Brother, My Brother and Me: A live-action adaptation of the podcast of the same name, in which the three boys return to their hometown of Huntington to solve a series of questions from fans.
- The Adventure Zone: The Adventure Zone: Balance in graphic novel form, with an adapted script by Clint and art by Carey Pietsch. The first volume, Here There Be Gerblins, was published in July 2018 by First Second Books, with Murder on the Rockport Limited due out July 2019.
- The McElroy Brothers Will Be In Trolls World Tour: An ongoing podcast where the McElroys try to ensure themselves an appearance in the sequel to Trolls by making it a meme. It worked.
- The Sawbones Book: A book about medical history by Justin and Sydnee, with illustrations by Sydnee's sister Teylor.
- Till Death Do Us Blart: A yearly podcast started by the McElroys and the hosts of The Worst Idea of All Time centered on a yearly viewing of Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 until "the end of linear time" (with each host being only replaceable at the event of their death).
- War of the Realms: Journey into Mystery: Written with their father Clint, a revival of the classic Marvel Comics title Journey into Mystery, published as a five-issue limited series tying into the War of the Realms event series.