Mayim Chaya Bialik (born December 12, 1975 in San Diego, California) is an American actress, author, and neuroscientist. She showcased her talents in many roles as a child, before landing a starring role in Blossom. She took a break from acting to pursue her education, graduating with a PhD in neuroscience from UCLA in 2007.
Her best known rules include:
- Blossom: Blossom Russo
- The Big Bang Theory: Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler
- Beaches: Young CC Bloom—Bialik's breakout role, although she had appeared in Beauty and the Beast in 1987.
Some tropes associated with the actress include:
- Actor-Shared Background: Like Amy Farrah Fowler, Mayim Bialik holds a PhD in neuroscience.
- Career Resurrection: Mayim's career, which outside of voice acting had largely taken a back seat to her education following the conclusion of Blossom, received a much-needed revival following her casting as Amy Farrah Fowler.
- The Cast Showoff: Did a lot of singing and dancing in her early roles.
- Celebrity Star: On What Not to Wear, where she gave up her Outdated Outfit. The episode also featured a guest spot from her old co-star Jenna Von Oy. While she avoided the worst I Was Quite a Fashion Victim levels of some of the guests, as a parent to small children while completing her education, her comfortable, frumpy look was somewhat justified.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Some thought this of her role in Beaches.
- Written-In Infirmity: Early in Season 6 of The Big Bang Theory; some episodes shot around a injury to Mayim's hand suffered in a car accident.