He is the youngest person to date to direct a James Bond film (he was 38 when he started directing Quantum of Solace, beating the previous record holder Guy Hamilton who was 41 when he directed Goldfinger). He also directed World War Z which is currently Brad Pitt's highest grossing film and the highest grossing zombie film of all time.
- Loungers (1995)
- Everything Put Together (2000)
- Monster's Ball (2001)
- Finding Neverland (2004)
- Stay (2005)
- Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Kite Runner (2007)
- Quantum of Solace (2008)
- Machine Gun Preacher (2011)
- World War Z (2013)
- Christopher Robin (2018)
Some tropes associated with Forster's work are"
- Bittersweet Ending: A number of the films he worked on tend to have somewhat happy endings which are mixed with some sadness.
- Genre Roulette: He initially gained attention with drama films but he has done work in other genres like thriller, action, fantasy and horror.
- Growing Up Sucks: Finding Neverland and Christopher Robin both feature protagonists who aren't all that happy with their adult lives.