Makio Inoue (井上 真樹夫 Inoue Makio, born November 30, 1940) was a Japanese voice actor. He began voice acting in the '60s, landing small roles in Astro Boy, and was the actor of choice for deep-voiced, serious males in the '70s. As he got older, he began taking on fewer roles, though he did still cameo or return for older roles.
He is most noted for his two longstanding roles: the Space Pirate title character in Captain Harlock from 1978 to 1998, and Samurai thief Goemon of Lupin III from 1977 to 2012, starting in the red jacket series and ending with the Lupin Family All-Stars short.
On November 29th 2019, at the age of 80 (and less than 24 hours shy of his 81st birthday), he passed away due to chronic heart attack owing to his old age. The eternal captain now rests in peace.
Roles by Makio Inoue:
- Harlock from Captain Harlock. (Retired from the role in 1998, though he reprises his role in Super Robot Wars Tnote . It would be his last role, however.)
- Goemon Ishikawa XIII in Lupin III. (Retired from the in 2012 and Daisuke Namikawa has voiced him ever since then)
- Peter Richardson in Gaiking
- Sleggar Law in Mobile Suit Gundam
- Albert in Candy Candy
- Tousei Aoi in Haikara-san ga Tooru
- Phoenix in Honey Honey no Suteki na Bouken
- Himmler in Devilman
- Xavitan in Akumaizer 3
- Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
- Enshirou Mariya in Samurai Champloo (cameo)