Margaret Denise Quigley (known to the most of us as Maggie Q, born May 22, 1979) is an American (of Irish, Polish and Vietnamese descent, via Hawaii) actress and former model. After being scouted by Jackie Chan, she starred in lesser-known films such as Naked Weapon and Rice Rhapsody before going on to roles in Mission: Impossible III and Balls of Fury. She starred in the popular CW Television Network series Nikita from 2010 to 2013, and has starred in the ABC series Designated Survivor since 2016.
She is probably perhaps known for playing a female spy/action hero/Action Girl in a lot of her roles, and usually doing her own stunts while she's at it.
Maggie's roles include the following tropes
- Action Girl: She performs all of her own stunts despite never having had martial arts training, as many assume.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: She voices Wonder Woman on Young Justice .
- Dysfunction Junction: Most evident in Nikita and Naked Weapon.
- Femme Fatale Spy: Nikita, while unquestionably an Action Girl, can sometimes double as this.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: She has played (more than once) a character of a young woman forced to be a spy.
- Reality Subtext: Some of her interviews have had her expressing a desire to try out drama and romance instead of full-blown action.
- Old Shame: Her first film, Model from Hell, as seen here.