Madame Macabre is an internet personality. She is known for many things such as her discontinued webcomic The Seer, her art, her music and her ongoing Doctor Locklear Series.
You can find her on her Youtube ,Twitter , and DeviantArt.note
"Your spooky eccentric internet auntie"note
Herself contain examples of:
- Perky Goth: Although she's usually in gothic attire and her content surrounds the macabre, Madame herself is kind and insightful.
- Dramatic Reading: The main content of her channel, not including her songs, storytimes or her writing.
- Weirdness Magnet: The amount of Paranormal (as well as the absurdity in her local Walmart) she has encountered in her normal life and the casualness she faces it with is astounding.
Her songs contain examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: While Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club! did horrible things, she at the least has a Heel Realization and tries to make amends. In Only Monika" however, she gloats about mind raping her friends, relishing that they were now dead and out of her way, and ends the song by laughing like a total psychopath.
- Also the Slenderman himself from the song "Regret Game" unlike other mysterious and enigmatic incarnations who usually display a Blue-and-Orange Morality here he's an openly cruel and sadistic monster who shows enjoyment in chasing and killing children.
- Children Are Innocent: Done tragically in "Balloon Animals" and "In The Cove" which both feature Madame voicing young girls being drawn in by malevolent creatures.
- Creepy Jazz Music: "deCIPHER" is done in this style.
- Cross-Cast Role: Has voiced males characters such as Jeff the Killer, Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls, Ticci Toby, BEN from Ben Drowned, and Hobo Heart.
- Dark Is Not Evil: In a fairly heartwarming example of this trope, the titular monster from The Monster Underneath Your Bed sings a lullaby to a frightened young child explaining its protective nature and its willingness to guard the scared child against the actually malevolent monsters throughout the night.
- Even more heartwarming is the fact that Madame Macabre composed and sang this song for her own nephew and niece.
- Dark Reprise: The chorus of "The Pianist" changes each time. The first time the title character is being offered a Deal with the Devil, the second time the woman who made the deal with coming to claim his soul and mocking him for not understanding the deal, and the third time has him join her and make deals along with her.
- Deal with the Devil:
- The song "deCIPHER" has Bill Cipher trying to convince Dipper to make such a deal.
- The song "The Pianist" has the title character do this to improve his piano skills, only for them to kill anyone who listens.
- Deconstruction: Madame Macabre revealed that "Regret Game" is meant to be this for the concept of using a ritual to summon monsters as a game.
see my inspiration for the song was stupid kids thinking that summoning bloodthirsty abominations would be a good idea because they assumed it would be reserved and reasonable
. But the reality of monsters is that they'd freaking annihilate you without a second thought.
- Destructive Romance: The main character's parents in "Balloon Animals" are constantly fighting, to the point where she considers taking up Candy Pop's offer to take her to his realm just to escape the bickering.
- Distaff Counterpart: "My Prey" is about Jeff the Killer's female counterpart Jane, and her desire to kill Jeff to avenge her friends.
- Filk Song: Most of her songs are based of Creepypasta, but a few a based of video games (Five Nights at Freddy's, Pokémon, and Undertale), and TV (Gravity Falls).
- Flayed Alive: What the Skin Taker in "Candle Cove" threatens:
"Back in the cove where no one ever goes, he'll grind your skin and make them into clothes. Deep in the cave where light can never reach, they'll find your remains scattered on the beach."
- Freudian Excuse: Both her songs about Jeff the Killer and Ticci Toby discuss the characters backstories, which made them into the killers they are. Jeff described being "Preyed upon by the lowest of society" who are "parasitic, demanding your conformity" and Toby being "beat and torn apart by this pointless strife" and "targeted for something I can't control".
- Glasgow Grin: Jeff's grin is on the cover of the song "Painted Smile".
- Humanoid Abomination: The song "The Blue Man" warns the viewer about a mysterious entity that appears as a blue silhouette.
- Mad Scientist: The singer of "Secure. Contain. Protect." is an SCP Foundation scientist who is more enthusiastic about their job than they probably should be.
"Yeah it's gross, it's grim
Holy hell can that thing swim!?
Let's pin it down and rip it out and see what's deep within!
- Monster Clown:
- Candy Pop from "Balloon Animals" is a mysterious jester trying to lure a young girl in his realm.
- Eddie de Clown from "I Heard" hunts down anyone who goes to his circus after hours.
- Monster Fangirl: Her song "Killer Love" is from the perspective of a woman who adores slashers and killers. All Girls Want Bad Boys doesn't even begin to cover it.
- Patricide: The title character of "Toby" kills his father for all of his abuse.
- Precision F-Strike: Said by the Slenderman of all people in "Regret Game" althought it's censored.
- Psycho Psychologist: "I Heard" mentions that Eddie had a "real bad doc put things in his brain".
- Teens Are Monsters: Both Jeff and Tobi were victims of them, before becoming examples themselves.
- Ungrateful Bastard: BEN in "Cybernetic Entities" does not reward the player for releasing him, admitting that: "really should be grateful, but I became to hateful".
- Villain Song:
- For Bill Cipher called deCIPHER.
- She has created a song for her creepypasta character Locklear called God Syndrome
- Villainous Virtues: "Painted Smile" mentions the virtue of patience when "working on a masterpiece", which the next lines state is a victim.
- You're Insane!: Discussed in "Painted Smile":
"Go on, mock me, say I'm insane; But it's you who's caught in my game."