Michael Connor "Mike" Gainey (born January 18, 1948), better known as M. C. Gainey, is an American film and television actor. He is also a professional 'That Guy', who often gets cast as villains, criminals and Corrupt Hick types due to his height (6'2) and his badass facial hair. Chances are, you've seen him in a hundred things without realizing it. Gainey is possibly best known for his roles as Swamp Thing in Con Air, Murdock in Wild Hogs, Tom Friendly in Lost and Bo Crowder in Justified.
- Badass Baritone: Has a very deep voice, which helps with the villains he plays.
- Badass Beard: One of his most distinctive features, although he does (rarely) appear clean-shaven. Gainey has some of the best beards in the business.
- Cool Old Guy: Gainey is a witty jazz fan who studied Shakespeare.
- Deadpan Snarker: Just read any interview with him. He's a witty guy.
- Face of a Thug: If the page quote is any indication.
- Male Frontal Nudity: In Sideways.
- Self-Deprecation: His sense of humor tends to be this.