Logan Lerman (born January 19, 1992) is an American actor. He was born in Beverly Hills, California, to a Jewish family.
He has been acting since the age of four, starting out in commercials. His first film role as Mel Gibson's son in The Patriot and he continued to play bit parts in films and TV shows in his childhood. A major career boost came when he starred in Jack & Bobby, playing the younger version of the titular Bobby - a kid who will become the US President one day. The show was cancelled after one season, but Logan continued to impress in other small roles.
He was brought to national attention with the film adaptation of Percy Jackson and the Olympians as the titular character. The film was a success and earned a sequel. Logan also earned his dramatic credentials in films like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Noah and Fury. Most recently, his performance in the adaptation of Philip Roth's Indignation (which he also executive produced) won him wide critical acclaim.
- The Patriot (2000) - William Martin
- What Women Want (2000) - Young Nick Marshall
- The Butterfly Effect (2004) - Evan Treborn at seven years old
- Jack & Bobby (2004-2005) - Young Bobby McCallister
- 3:10 to Yuma (2007) - William Evans
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Percy Jackson
- Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief (2010)
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013)
- The Three Musketeers - D'Artagnan
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) - Charlie
- Stuck in Love (2012) - Louis
- Noah (2013) - Ham
- Fury (2014) - Norman Ellison
- Indignation (2016) - Marcus
- Hunters (2020-) - Jonah Heidelbaum
- Shirley (2020) - Fred
Tropes associated with Logan Lerman:
- Dawson Casting: Not at first, since Percy Jackson was aged up from twelve to be his own age for the first film. But he was in his early twenties in the second film. He was also nineteen playing a sixteen-year-old in The Perks of Being A Wallflower.
- Fake Brit: He adopts an English sounding accent for Noah to blend in with his on-screen family.
- Star-Making Role: Playing the titular Percy Jackson in Percy Jackson and the Olympians shot him to success.
- Those Two Actors:
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: In his mid-20s he has moved away from teen films with roles like Noah and Fury.
- What Could Have Been: He screen-tested for the role of Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man before the casting of Andrew Garfield.