Director/B-Movie Mogul, born December 30, 1945 in New York City, New York, President and Founder of Troma studios, and champion for the cause of truly independent cinema.
- The Toxic Avenger
- Class of Nuke 'Em High
- Troma's War
- Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.
- Tromeo and Juliet
- Terror Firmer
- Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
This director has examples of:
- The Cameo:
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Just watch his appearance on The Angry Video Game Nerd.
- Everyone Has Standards: Lloyd has almost no regrets about any of the films he has ever had any part in either making or distributing, no matter the subject matter or how many times those movies crosses into Black Comedy, Gorn, Nausea Fuel and Refuge in Audacity. The "almost" part comes from Bloodsucking Freaks, one of, if not THE only movie he feels ashamed of having distributed due to how mean-spirited he felt the movie was in the end.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A self-admitted narcissist, Kaufman still has three rules of production for Troma: Safety to humans, safety to people's property, and make a good movie which he plasters around every set. And the third rule is always in smaller print because a movie is just a movie and Kaufman has said he would quit the business if anyone got hurt on one of his movies.
- Production Posse: Joe Fleishaker has appeared in every movie since Troma's War. Also, in the years between The Toxic Avenger and Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D., A LOT of actors were re-used frequently.
- Self-Deprecation: Just try to find an interview where he doesn't make fun of himself.
- Sophisticated as Hell: The man has a talent for making his point in thoughtful, eloquent language, and then dropping in profanity which he oddly manages to use to reinforce his point. Take for example Kaufman's statement on the passing of longtime friend Lemmy Kilmister:Although Lemmy was one of the greatest rock-n-roll pioneers in history, with an enormous following, Lemmy was always a supporter of the genuine artist and the underdog. On a personal level he always made time to generously appear in Troma movies, no matter how deep in the underground. The Troma Team and I have very few sincere friends in the mainstream so to lose Lemmy makes us all especially sad. He was a super shit-disturber and was a great role model for all us shit-disturbers.
- Special Guest: Appeared as one on The Angry Video Game Nerd. Yes, really.
- Stock Footage: That footage of the blue car flipping over has appeared in every one of his movies since Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D..