Lindsay Morgan Lohan (that's Lo-HAN, as in Rohan), born July 2, 1986, is an American model, pop singer, songwriter, and actress.
A former child actor and model, Lohan rose to fame when she began acting and landed several major film roles, notably the Disney remakes of The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday, then later in the Tina Fey-penned 2004 film Mean Girls.
Lohan was anointed by the media as the "next big thing". Unfortunately, the newfound attention from the media got to her, and she started drinking while underage (with her own mother no less) and partying all the time. Soon she ended up with two D.U.I.s, two more arrests for drug possession, and went under rehabilitation which slowed down her career considerably and since then she's been more well-known for her legal troubles than acting career.
- The Parent Trap (1998)
- Life Size (2000)
- Get a Clue (2002)
- Freaky Friday (2003)
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)
- Mean Girls (2004)
- Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005)
- My Scene Goes Hollywood (2005)
- Just My Luck (2006)
- A Prairie Home Companion (2006)
- Bobby (2006)
- Georgia Rule (2007)
- I Know Who Killed Me (2007)
- Chapter 27 (2007)
- Labor Pains (2009) (TV Movie)
- Lindsay Lohan's Indian Adventure (2010) (Documentary)
- Machete (2010)
- Liz & Dick (2012) (TV Movie; her first starring role in 3 years)
- The Canyons (2013) (Independent film)
- Scary Movie 5 (2013)
- InAPPropriate Comedy (2013)
- Inconceivable (2015)
- Speed-the-Plow (London, 2014)
- Speak (2004)
- A Little More Personal (Raw) (2005)
Provides examples of:
- Adam Westing: Her advertisement for eHarmony.
- Break Up Song: If It's Alright, Over, If You Were Me, Black Hole,
- Calling the Old Man Out: "Confessions Of A Broken Heart" qualifies.
- Contralto of Danger: Her famously low, smoky voice goes well with her edgy persona.
- Cover Version: "I Want You to Want Me" and "Edge of Seventeen" on her second record.
- Fiery Redhead: She's a natural red and has played quite a few feisty characters.
- Follow Your Heart La Bella Vita, Fastlane, Disconnected, I Live For The Day, Anything But Me
- Jailbait: Dated Wilmer Valderrama when she was only 17 and he was 24. They shied away from going public with their relationship until she turned 18 but soon broke up months later.
- Love Nostalgia Song: "Something I Never Had", "Black Hole"
- Lonely at the Top: "Fastlane", "People come and go like rain".
- Medley: In her Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen movie soundtrack: "Don't Move On/Living for the City/Changes" Medley.
- Rock-Star Song: Fastlane, A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) and Rumours are examples of this trope.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Fastlane", "A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita)", "Anything But Me", "Disconnected", "I Live For The Day" and there are probably more...
- Silly Love Songs: Who Loves You, Very Last Moment In Time,Symptoms of You, "Ultimate".
- Your Cheating Heart: "If You Were Me", "Something I Never Had".