Lily Rabe (born June 29, 1982) is an American actress. She is well known for playing Portia in the Shakespeare in the Park production of William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, but her Star-Making Role was her portrayal of Sister Mary Eunice in the 'Asylum' season of the FX anthology series American Horror Story. Her performance gained critical acclaim and was considered by many to be one of the highlights of the series.
She's the daughter of playwright David Rabe and actress Jill Clayburgh.
- No Reservations (2007) as Bernadette
- What Just Happened (2008) as Dawn
- Medium (2008) as Joanna Wheeler
- The Good Wife (2011 — 2013) as Petra Moritz
- American Horror Story (2011 — present) in various roles:
- American Horror Story: Murder House (2011) as Nora Montgomery
- American Horror Story: Asylum (2012 — 2013) as Sister Mary Eunice McKee
- American Horror Story: Coven (2013 — 2014) as Misty Day
- American Horror Story: Freak Show (2015) as Sister Mary Eunice McKee
- American Horror Story: Hotel (2015 — 2016) as Aileen Wuornos
- American Horror Story: Roanoke (2016) as Shelby Miller
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse (2018) as Misty Day
- The Whispers (2015) as Claire Bennigan
She provides examples of the following:
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Very much so in real-life.
- Happily Married: To Hamish Linklater.
- She Also Did: She had an uncredited guest appearence on Regular Show though its unknown what character she played.
- What Could Have Been: She was originally cast to play Commander Lyme in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, but dropped out of the project and was replaced by Gwendoline Christie.