is a YouTube producer and comedian/critic specializing in animation and television, but her major focus surrounds My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
Her primary works are a riff show titled ''In A Minute''
and a more general pundit/opinion show titled ''Glass of Water''
Lily's Work Contains Elements Of
- Ass Kicks You: Gets knocked off-screen by Firebrand's backside in "Taking Shining Armor and Cadance Too Seriously ft. Silver Quill".
- Bias Steamroller:
- Fluttershy episodes centered around her anxiety with crowds are likely going to find their way to her "Worst Episodes" lists.
- Video Games (or any media in general) where female characters are dressed for fanservice while serving some form of combat role will always be heavily criticized for this. Glass of Water - Tropes vs Orchard Blossom visually depicted the trope as needing to die a painful death.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters is a trope that Lily is notoriously biased against.
- Creator Breakdown
- Between 2017 and 2018, Lily's content became steadily more venomous and vitriolic with many fans becoming turned off from it. From 2019 onward it eased off. Lily later stated that the reason for the steady decline was the fact that she was stuck in an abusive relationship and it had detrimental effects on her mental health, in addition to having been raped two months prior to the end of the relationship.
- In 2020, Orchard completely broke down during a video in which she detailed increasing pressure from both fans going to her for creative and personal advice and critics hounding her over some of her actions and views, describing the two as "treating [her] like a free editor and therapist" and "harassment from the Alt-Right." She took a hiatus after that and closed off her social media for several months.
- Double Entendre: In Date Night: Don't Starve Together, Lily spends about a minute joyously celebrating finding meat. The on-screen edits lampshade this, with the third saying, "IT'S A DICK JOKE!"
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- Her first videos were in the style of Zero Punctuation, but with topics ranging from a censored South Park episode, to an urban legend surrounding the Pokémon games. After the first few, the ZP art was dropped, but some of the analytical style remained. Over time, Lily has changed a lot of her opinions, and has deleted all of these original videos.
- An early episode was criticising a radical Muslim group for being overly offended by a South Park episode, and Comedy Central for completely bending to a vague threat and censoring the next episode, while defending Trey and Matt's right to freedom of speech. More recently, Lily has expressed the opinion that South Park shouldn't hide behind their format as a crude cartoon, or using freedom of speech as a defense for controversial content.
- Hypocritical Humor: Subverted at the start of one her videos where Billy wants to get a Barbie doll for Christmas. She starts to tell him no due to it being a girls' toy, realizes what's she saying and says yes. She later stated in a livestream that this was based on an actual conversation between her and her nephew.
- I Hate Past Me: Lily has a great amount of disdain for the kind of person she was before the "Down With Molestia" incident.
- Missing Episode: Everything from Rather Vocalized Illusion was scrubbed from her channel, as Orchard deleted anything from before she started seriously focusing on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- My Greatest Failure: To this day, Lily is still ashamed of herself for making two different Rather Vocalized Illusion videos filled with anti-feminist rhetoric that is extremely similar to anti-feminist rhetoric used today, without knowing anything about feminism beyond scare-mongering she'd seen from news pundits.
- Old Shame
- 'Rather Vocalized Illusion', and much of the environment surrounding the series' inception. She expressed views in this web series that she would later consider unsavory.
- Her old videos with Josh Scorcher, particularly the collaboration review of the episode 'Over the Barrel' from 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'. In a 2019 Q&A video, she said that she wasn't happy when the videos were made, and likes them even less as time passes, wishing they'd be taken down.
- Stockholm, a Comedy/Grimdark Romance fanfiction of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that was co-written by Lily, and published in 2014. Lily has denied the existence of this fanfiction.
- Pipe Pain: Hits Silver Quill over the head with a lead pipe in "Taking Shining Armor and Cadance Too Seriously ft. Silver Quill".
- Rage Breaking Point: Glass of Water - Self Destruction is probably the first time in the series that Lily has been genuinely angry and insulted by something in an episode of Friendship is Magic.
- Running Gag
- In A Minute frequently dubs over musical numbers with The Annoying Song
- Any time a question she has is not even brought up in the episode, she says "Answer me, goddammit!"
- Glass of Water always ended with the phrase "I'm Lily, and I need a glass of water."
- Ship Tease
- Lily's line "I love you too Josh... all of the homo" in her collab with Josh Scorcher led to this as well.
- Lily's gushing over Adagio Dazzle has led to a metric ton of this.
- Lily once off-handedly stated that Mad Munchkin was one of her favorite Youtubers. You can probably see where this is going...
- Shipper on Deck:
- Claims to have started the ship of Firebrand and Ink Rose, and very clearly ships them.
- In her In a Minute videos for Star vs. the Forces of Evil, it is clear as day that she ships Starco hard.
Billy: Do you really have to ship right—
Lily: (cuts him off) YES, BILLY! YES I DO HAVE TO SHIP RIGHT NOW! I'M THE CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP, AND I'M GONNA SAIL HER INTO WHATEVER WATERS I DAMN WELL PLEASE!
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Has quite the colorful vocabulary, both when following a script or casually talking.
- Straw Critic: Lampshaded and used non-ironically in her Glass of Water where a drawing of a scarecrow named Strawman shows up to present a point specifically so Lily can counter it. All Glass of Water videos in 2016 use Billy for the same purpose.
- Talking to Herself: Whenever Lily and Billy interact on Glass of Water.
- Trolling Creator: Gravity Falls is Garbage and Here's Why is an April Fool's prank video. Lily appears to start talking about the show, but then the visuals are suddenly replaced with an image of Bill Cipher in a white void, and droning white noise becomes the only sound. Said image and noise lasts for two hours, with Orchard never saying anything else. Lily predicted that the people who are fixated on "bringing her down" would complain about the video's supposed negativity without watching it. This turned out to be the case, despite the video being a joke to anyone who watched it for more than thirty seconds.