Liam Dryden is a YouTube vlogger, musician, and actor from Bonnie Scotland, also known by his YouTube handle "Littleradge." He is a founding member of the band Chameleon Circuit, he plays Kai in the webseries Chronicles of Syntax, and he bears a striking resemblance to David Tennant.
Tropes used by Liam Dryden:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: "Cons, COS, Cosplay and Costumed Capers"
- Actually Pretty Funny / Approval of God: David Tennant saw his joke video called "David Tennant is Stalking Me" and emailed him to say that he found it pretty funny.
- Brick Joke: In Bringing Groovy Back, he gives us a recap of the huge breakdown he had when he found out that X-Men: First Class was going to be the first of a trilogy, ending it with Then I had some juice and felt better. Four videos and nearly three months later, he had another mini-breakdown on screen, ending it with, yes, taking a sip of juice.
- Gilligan Cut: ...Because here at my YouTube channel we're all about continuity! *Sweater abruptly changes colour*
- Hypocritical Humour: In this video, he addresses the drastic changes in YouTube's layout that make it difficult to locate new videos from your subscriptions, and threatens to leave the site if it doesn't quit making its user's lives harder. After all, no one's that committed to YouTube. Not at all.
- Iconic Outfit: The red-and-black striped sweater and green L t-shirt ensemble. He has an inverted version of it as well.
- Identical Stranger: Looks an awful lot like David Tennant, and while Tennant was Doctor Who's main star the jokes did not stop. Even his iPod wasn't keen to let him forget, putting on a song called "Davros" for a shuffle quiz- for the question "How will you die?"
- Motor Mouth: He can talk very quickly.
- Running Gag: His resemblance to David Tennant.
- Schedule Slip: To be fair, he doesn't really have a schedule, per se. However, some of the gaps between his videos can get kind of ridiculous. He's been known to disappear off the channel for months, though in the meantime his Tumblr account usually updates regularly. Naturally, this is lampshaded mercilessly.Liam: Wow, what a week it's been! Or two weeks, or three weeks, or I don't know, how long have we gone this time? I don't keep track.
- Step Up to the Microphone: While Charlie and Alex sing most Chameleon Circuit songs, Liam has a few, notably "Count The Shadows" and "Nightmares," that among the band's most popular songs.
- Teen Genius: Plays one of these in Chronicles of Syntax.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Liam generally doesn't swear much, but he does not like it when people forget he's been in CC since the beginning (or that he's in it, period).Liam: Recently, since Charlie announced the new line up, since then I've been getting a couple of messages from people like Hey! I heard you're in Chameleon Circuit now! Congratulations! And I'm like: Yeah! I've... been in it for three years, ya bitch.