Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton (born 7 January 1985) is a British racing driver currently competing in Formula One for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team. One of two Seven-Time Formula One World Champions (a distinction he shares with Michael Schumacher), he is widely regarded as one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport, and considered by some to be the greatest of all time.
He is also regarded as one of the most influential people in the world, having been credited for furthering Formula One's reach outside of racing circles through his high-profile lifestyle, social activism and careers in music and fashion, all despite the racism he faced due to his Black British heritage (Hamilton's father, Anthony, is Black British, while his mother, Carmen, is White British, making him mixed-race; Hamilton self-identifies as Black). Hamilton's Black heritage made him the first and so far only black driver to race in the sport as of 2020.
Besides his racing career, he has also dabbled into music and fashion, having provided guest vocals in the 2018 Christina Aguilera song "Pipe" under the pseudonym "XNDA", as well as launching a clothing line with Tommy Hilfiger. He also appeared in Cars and Cars 2, Zoolander 2, Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare and starred alongside former McLaren teammate Jenson Button as fictionalized versions of themselves in the animated series Tooned.
- Cars 3 as Hamilton (voice)
- Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare as Officer Carl Hamilton
- Zoolander 2 as 'Old and Lame' Show Attendee
- Tooned as Lewis
- Cars 2 as himself
Lewis Hamilton provides examples of:
- The Ace: Hamilton's seven World Championship titles is tied for most of all time with Michael Schumacher, while he holds the records outright for the most wins (95), career points (3778), pole positions (98), podium finishes (165), points finishes (229), and championship points in a season (413).
- As Himself: His film appearances in Tooned and Cars 2 count as this. On other instances, it's more the case of The Danza.
- Badass Driver: To regard Hamilton as one of the fastest qualifiers is just scratching the surface.
- Nice Guy
- Renaissance Man: Not only is Hamilton well-regarded as one of the greatest in the sport, he also moonlighted as a recording artist and dabbled into fashion and acting, which was cited as how Hamilton appealed to those outside the Formula One fanbase.
- Same Face, Different Name: He was featured in the 2018 Christina Aguilera song "Pipe" under the pseudonym "XNDA". When asked as to why he sang under an assumed name, he cited anxiety and insecurities for not revealing himself to be the guest singer until he announced it on an Instagram post in 2020, likely as he feared that he would not be as well-received as a recording artist as he is as a racing driver.
- Token Minority: Hamilton is the first and so far only Black Formula One driver as of 2020.