Liliane Rudabet Gloria Elsveta "Leelee" Sobieski is a New York City-native actress, born June 10, 1983, best known for such movies as Never Been Kissed, Eyes Wide Shut, Joy Ride, The Glass House, and Public Enemies. She also played a rookie cop on the rapidly cancelled CBS show NYC 22.
In 2012, she announced her retirement from acting, saying she wanted to raise her children in peace and that she had become disillusioned due to seeing several women's roles become sexual.
- Jungle 2 Jungle (1997)
- Deep Impact (1998)
- Never Been Kissed (1999)
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
- Here On Earth (2000)
- The Glass House (2001)
- Joy Ride (2001)
- My First Mister (2001)
- Max (2002)
- Hercules (2005)
- The Wicker Man (2006)
- In the Name of the King (2007)
- 88 Minutes (2008)
- Public Enemies (2009)
- Dyeing for Your Art: The multiple facial piercings her character has in My First Mister were real - after filming completed, she let them all close up, but kept the jewelry as a memento.
- Famous Ancestor: She claims to be a descendant of King John III Sobieski of Poland.
- One-Woman Song: "Why Leelee Won't Love Me" by Primitive Whore.
- Overly Long Name: Her full name is Liliane Rudabet Gloria Elsveta Sobieski.
- Playing Gertrude: Due to her height, when she was younger, she was able to play older characters, like on NewsRadio when she was 14, playing a girl taking her SATs (and not taking them seriously, indicating she wasn't just some young prodigy).
- Star-Derailing Role: Fresh off momentum from Never Been Kissed and Eyes Wide Shut as the next It Girl, The Glass House was her first headlining role. A critical (holding 20% at Rotten Tomatoes) and, worse, commercial failure ($18m domestic TOTAL, though opening the week after 9/11 did not help) ended that route real quick, and she's been practically invisible since.