Laura Post (born Jun 23, 1983) is an American voice actress known for her deep voice. She is often cast in strong female roles, as a commanding figure or a villainous/siren type. She is also capable of doing some higher pitched voices in the mid-range (as shown with Diana Cavendish and Nozomi Toujo).
Notable roles by Laura Post:
- Akari Kawamoto in 3-gatsu no Lion
- Blizzard from Hell/Fubuki in One-Punch Man
- Bosbos in Red Line
- Cindy Cambell in Squid Girl
- Diana Cavendish in Little Witch Academia (in terms of vocal range, it is pretty different from characters she normally voices)
- Diantha in Pokémon Generations
- Eri Watabe in Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne
- Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern and Medea Lily in Fate/Apocrypha
- M in Tweeny Witches
- Macrophage in Cells at Work!
- Myers in Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
- Nozomi Toujou in Love Live! School Idol Project
- Paula Kowalczyk in Kuromukuro
- Queenie Yo in Juushinki Pandora
- Ragyo Kiryuin in Kill la Kill
- Red's mother and Marowak in Pokémon Origins
- Ridget in Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
- RM-C in The Asterisk War
- Rosalia in Sword Art Online
- Suzu Urano in In This Corner of the World
- Tellu (S season), Amaderasu (R season, ep 53) and a Kindergarten Teacher (R season, ep 52) in Sailor Moon (Viz Media dub)
Eastern Animation (non-anime)
- Wang Jiejie and Wang Daiyu in Stitch & Ai
- Aero in Firefall
- Ahri in League of Legends
- A.I in Planetside 2
- Arfoire/Magiquone/Majekon'nu and CFW Magic in Neptunia and the anime adaptation
- Faust in Trillion: God of Destruction
- Female Voice #2 in Ragnarok Online 2
- Harley Quinn in Batman: The Enemy Within
- Helga Lindenbaum in Raiden V
- Kasumi Yoshizawa in Persona 5 Royal
- Laura Victoriano in The Evil Within
- Mags Black in Fallout 4
- Nox, Bellona, Sun's Bride Chang'e, Soulless Machine Sol in Smite
- Primrose in Octopath Traveler
- Queen Azshara and Shademaster Kiryn in World of Warcraft
- Roxy in Street Fighter V
- Silvia in Fire Emblem Heroes
- Valentine in Skullgirls
- Wretched Hag, Ophelia, Sachi Swiftblade, Helga Hammerstorm, MSivy, Arachna, Mistrunner Scout, and Kali in Heroes of Newerth
- The Empress in A Hat in Time
Tropes associated with Laura Post:
- Contralto of Danger: A lot of her stern female roles have this.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Very capable of playing young boy roles, though she is rarely cast as one.
- Femme Fatale: Some of her roles fit. Including Rosalia, Arfoire, Ragyo, Valentine, and Ahri. The last two are subversions though.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Many of her villainess characters have deeper voices.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: A large majority of her characters she voices are either Femme Fatale or a stern, serious type of woman. However, she's capable of voicing other kinds of characters whenever the situation calls for it.
- Playing Against Type: Nozomi Toujou from Love Live! is a departure from the deep voices that Post typically does.
- Relationship Voice Actor: With fellow Skullgirls alumni Danielle McRae, Sarah Williams, Cristina Vee, and Christine Marie Cabanos.
- Star-Making Role: For video games, either Arfoire, Ahri, or Valentine. In the anime side of things, either Ragyo Kiryuin, Diana Cavendish or Nozomi Toujou.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Her Heroes of Newerth Characters alone show just how much she exemplifies this trope.