Larry King (born Lawrence Harvey Zeiger; November 19, 1933 – January 23, 2021) was an American TV and radio host, best known for hosting Larry King Live on CNN. He was notable for his trademark attire, which consisted of various pairs of suspenders and thick glasses, and interviewing guests on his own shows with simple, deliberate questions in a generally stoic manner. Over the course of his six-decades-long broadcasting career, beginning in 1957 and ending in 2020, he had hosted nearly 60,000 interviews with celebrities of various professions, primarily entertainers, politicians, and authors. Some of his most notable celebrity interviews were with people like Marlon Brando, Jerry Seinfeld, and Lady Gaga.
He was married eight times to seven women and had seven children. He passed away from sepsis (a result of COVID-19 complications) in January 2021 at the age of 87.
- The Larry King Show (1978-1994)
- Larry King Live (1985-2010)
- Larry King Now (2012-2020)
- Politicking With Larry King (2012-2020)
- My Remarkable Journey (2009)
- Arthur: Appeared in a Roger Rabbit Effect segment in the "Elwood City Turns 100!".
- Bee Movie: Makes a cameo as a bee version of himself. Oddly in the film's setting, there's two of him, a bee and a human. The protagonist, Barry, notes this when going the former's show.
- Gravity Falls: Makes a cameo in "Headhunters" as a living wax version of himself.
- The People v. O. J. Simpson
- The Simpsons: As Himself... reading an audiobook of The Bible in "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish".