Kristanna Sommer Loken (born October 8, 1979 in Ghent, New York) is an American actress of German and Norwegian descent, born on October 8, 1979, known for her film and television work and as a fashion model. She is known for her performances in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, BloodRayne, Painkiller Jane, Mercenaries, and The L Word. She is openly bisexual and is divorced from actor Noah Danby. Loken gave birth to a son she named Thor in 2016 with her then-boyfriend, Jonathan Bates.
Kristanna Loken provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Most of her famous roles, such as the female Terminator T-X in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Jane in Painkiller Jane and Rayne, badass women (or at least a cyborg which is identical to one in appearance) who kick ass.
- Queer Character, Queer Actor:
- She is bisexual and played a bisexual character in The L Word.
- Loken later played another bisexual woman in the film Body Of Deceit.
- Romance on the Set: She met her former husband Noah Danby on the set of Painkiller Jane and is rumored to have had a romance with her BloodRayne co-star Michelle Rodriguez.
- Star-Derailing Role: Ever since BloodRayne, she's appeared overwhelmingly in low-budget Direct-to-DVD and independent movies that you've probably never heard of. It's unfortunate that it came less than three years on the heels of Terminator 3...
- Star-Making Role: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'11. In the BloodRayne DVD Commentary she says "I'm so tall." She pretty much towers over the cast of that movie. Also, for Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, the actor playing Katherine Brewster's fiancee had to wear high platform shoes to match Kristanna's height due to the fact that the plot required the T-X to imitate his character.
- Tomboy: Most of her well known roles have been playing women with traditionally masculine interests, looks and roles, to varying degrees.